Topic: Jorge Masvidal

Exclusive: Jorge Masvidal's Second Chance at a First Impression

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

03.01.2011 | 5:59 AM ET

Check out the blog this morning for an interview with Jorge Masvidal, who makes his return to U.S. soil this Saturday night against Billy Evangelista at Strikeforce: Columbus.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

Jorge "Gamebred" Masvidal

Fighter Details

• Name: Jorge Masvidal
  • Pro MMA Record: 35-17-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: Gamebred
  • Current Streak: 4 Losses
  • Last Fight: April 08, 2023 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Welterweight | Last Weigh-In: 171.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: American Top Team
  • Height: 5'11" (180cm) | Reach: 74.0" (188cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $1,574,873 USD
  • Born: Miami, Florida, United States
  • Fighting out of: Miami, Florida
  • Head Coach: Ricardo Liborio
  • Other Coaches: Howard Davis Jr., Chutiphat Runsgawang, Marcos Da Matta
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

LynxGuy
LynxGuy
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 138

03.01.2011 | 7:13 AM ET

I admit I really didn't know much at all about Masvidal before this interview other than his decision loss to Daley.  Seems like he's really confident in himself right now.  I think he might be underestimating Billy though.  Right now I have Billy winning the fight, but that's more due to my lack of knowledge on Masvidal.  Bad habit of betting on undefeated prospects..

Good interview.

"Don't be scared, homie." - Nick Diaz

skelliher
skelliher

03.01.2011 | 8:44 AM ET

I've spoken with Masvidal on several occasions and have a very good working relationship with him. That said, he sounds this confident all the time and I do think it has been his downfall in certain fights. I expected him to meet Eddie Alvarez in the Season 1 Finale of Bellator's first Lightweight Tournament, but Toby Imada submitted him with one of the greatest subs of all time.

I do think he was screwed regarding the circumstances of the Luis Palomino loss, but the Daley loss is tougher to make excuses for, aside from the fact that he was the much smaller fighter.

Masvidal made an instant impression on me several years ago when I saw him knock out Yves Edwards with a head kick at a BodogFight event. I expected Edwards to run through him, having previously seen Edwards's amazing head kick KO of Josh Thomson in the UFC.

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

03.01.2011 | 4:53 PM ET

with all due respect, i know masvidal as the triangled guy. dont know much about him except that he lost a decision to P. Daley. ill be looking forward to seeing him fight for the first time. 

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

skelliher
skelliher

03.01.2011 | 5:47 PM ET

Haha he hates when people refer to him as that guy. That was a huge upset IMO at the time. Imada is the real deal--capable of hanging with some of the top LWs in the world--but he's so inconsistent that nobody saw that coming.

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

03.01.2011 | 5:50 PM ET

i can see why he'd hate being called that. hes one of the biggest highlights in mma today. 

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

skelliher
skelliher

03.01.2011 | 5:52 PM ET

Yeah that truly was one of the best submissions of all time.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : PREDICTIONS: Who wins Taylor vs Catterall 2?
  • Jits Magazine : Final Invites Announced For ADCC 2024 Under 99kg Division
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: A Follower Who Needs Validation
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Desperately Wants to Get on Joe Rogan’s Podcast: ‘He is Scared of Me’
  • UFC.com : Meet Featherweight Zygimantas Ramaska | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Meet Featherweight Roedie Roets | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Dustin Poirier, the Bud Light Genie and an alien walk into a bar ...
  • Middle Easy : Bryce Mitchell Implores Parents to Stop Vaccinating Their Kids, Convinced Public Schooling Will Turn His Son Gay
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Shamidkhan Magomedov | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Ryan Loder | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • Middle Easy : Belal Muhammad Calls WWE Supporters ‘Real True’ Fans, Dubs ‘90%’ of UFC Fans as ‘Drunks That Don’t Care About Anyone’
  • MMA Mania : ‘F—k It, We’ll Sue Them’
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker: If Khamzat Chimaev doesn't manage his pace, 'it's going to be an early night for him'
  • Middle Easy : Son of UFC Legend Anderson Silva Will Fight Alongside Him at the Spaten Fight Night Event on June 15
  • MMA Junkie : PFL's Donn Davis responds to Bellator fighter complaints about inactivity, unpaid medicals: 'We're direct, fair and reasonable'
  • MMA Mania : ‘He’s Doing A Great, Amazing Job!’ Topuria Praises Nice Guy O’Malley
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett sends warning to ‘sh*t human being’ Bobby Green ahead of UFC 304
  • MMA Junkie : Kamaru Usman makes 'crazy' pitch of Oleksandr Usyk vs. Francis Ngannou: He's 'the biggest puncher out there'
  • MMA Mania : Fourth McGregor Fight? Poirier Doesn’t ‘Need That Bad Energy In My Life’
  • MMAFighting.com : Khalil Rountree Jr. suspended 2 months for doping violation, could face additional penalty in Nevada