Tapology Forums

"That was some bullsh*t" (quick post)

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

_JordanCamacho_
_JordanCamacho_
  • Predictions:  575  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5
  • Post Score: 120

12.10.2016 | 2:09 AM ET

Most of the time, a fighters stock will soar after a victory...A Main Event victory even more so.

Hell, Tim Elliot earned himself a spot in the Flyweight top 5 after his loss to DJ (in my opinion).

But boy did Derrick Lewis find a way to lower his credibility with a 4th Round TKO victory over Shamil Abdurakhimov. 

Now lets set the context, This is the the first UFC Main Event Lewis has been apart of, the stress of carrying an event, albeit a UFC Fight Night, is all new for the #10 ranked Heavyweight. Also this fight, clocking 16 mins and 18 secs of total fight time, is the longest fight of The Black Beasts professional career.

Alright, alright, now that I left an escape hatch open for this lackluster bout, lets get into it.
Derrick Lewis looked lost and sloppy 16 mins of that fight. Only controlling the Octagon for a time of 1:29 mins, compared to Abdurakhimov's 7:58 mins, His ground game was non existence until the dawn of the 4th round, landing only 46 of his 97 total strikes, compared to Abdurakhimov's 77 of 106 total strikes, throwing wild kicks (even after his corner advised not to throw kicks) that led to 4 successful take downs for Shamil, Derrick's one and only take down occurred in round 4, leading to the ground and pound that eventually led to the referee stoppage. 

Putting Derrick Lewis down isn't my intention of this post, he admitted it wasn't his best performance, "I need to sit my ass down" to be exact. But with a Main Event victory at UFC Fight Night 102 that left Derrick Lewis, and the rest of the MMA community wanting more.

My question is, what do you do with Derrick know?

* Edited at 12.10.2016, 2:12 AM ET *

"Don't be scared homie"

Responses

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,536  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,603
  • Post Score: 69

12.10.2016 | 4:56 AM ET

Didn't see the fight. He was losing before the stoppage?

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

12.10.2016 | 1:48 PM ET

It was a great rally from behind. The fight was bleh but Lewis did well and conserved his cardio. Far from a ******** fight as you put it. Just not the greatest showing but he showed cardio and resolve to finally get a late stoppage. Sane thing happened with the Jared roshalt fight where he lost 2 rounds and ko'd jared

* Edited at 12.10.2016, 1:49 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 2 months, 1 week, 6 days, 15 hours, and 21 minutes from now.
WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

12.10.2016 | 4:50 PM ET

Let France Enganu face thee

* Edited at 12.10.2016, 5:57 PM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

_JordanCamacho_
_JordanCamacho_
  • Predictions:  575  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5
  • Post Score: 120

12.15.2016 | 12:07 AM ET

@MikeyG "That was some ********" was how Derrick Lewis described the fight in his own words in his post fight interview. As somewhat of a purist, I did enjoy the "Slow and steady wins the race" essence of it. Yet even with another check in Win column, that fight slowed his hype train that was just gaining speed. My point is he needs an exciting fight to get the wheels turning again..and who would be the opponent.

"Don't be scared homie"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : PREDICTIONS: Who wins Taylor vs Catterall 2?
  • Jits Magazine : Final Invites Announced For ADCC 2024 Under 99kg Division
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: A Follower Who Needs Validation
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Desperately Wants to Get on Joe Rogan’s Podcast: ‘He is Scared of Me’
  • UFC.com : Meet Featherweight Zygimantas Ramaska | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Meet Featherweight Roedie Roets | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Dustin Poirier, the Bud Light Genie and an alien walk into a bar ...
  • Middle Easy : Bryce Mitchell Implores Parents to Stop Vaccinating Their Kids, Convinced Public Schooling Will Turn His Son Gay
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Shamidkhan Magomedov | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Ryan Loder | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • Middle Easy : Belal Muhammad Calls WWE Supporters ‘Real True’ Fans, Dubs ‘90%’ of UFC Fans as ‘Drunks That Don’t Care About Anyone’
  • MMA Mania : ‘F—k It, We’ll Sue Them’
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker: If Khamzat Chimaev doesn't manage his pace, 'it's going to be an early night for him'
  • Middle Easy : Son of UFC Legend Anderson Silva Will Fight Alongside Him at the Spaten Fight Night Event on June 15
  • MMA Junkie : PFL's Donn Davis responds to Bellator fighter complaints about inactivity, unpaid medicals: 'We're direct, fair and reasonable'
  • MMA Mania : ‘He’s Doing A Great, Amazing Job!’ Topuria Praises Nice Guy O’Malley
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett sends warning to ‘sh*t human being’ Bobby Green ahead of UFC 304
  • MMA Junkie : Kamaru Usman makes 'crazy' pitch of Oleksandr Usyk vs. Francis Ngannou: He's 'the biggest puncher out there'
  • MMA Mania : Fourth McGregor Fight? Poirier Doesn’t ‘Need That Bad Energy In My Life’
  • MMAFighting.com : Khalil Rountree Jr. suspended 2 months for doping violation, could face additional penalty in Nevada