Topic: WMMA & Invicta FC

Invicta in 2015

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

michigandolphin
michigandolphin
  • Predictions:  25,001  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,973
  • Post Score: 261

12.05.2014 | 5:14 PM ET

Looks like they will be holding Invicta events in the same city and night before UFC events. 

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/12/whats-in-store-for-invicta-fc-in-2015-use-of-ufc-cage-six-shows-new-host-cities

"Frig off, bud"

Responses

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,552  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

12.05.2014 | 5:34 PM ET

I think it was a pretty smart move of Shannon ... the minute she saw the UFC were digging deep into her business, instead of getting all sour about it, she accepted the inevitable and adjusted by having Invicta still do their thing but do it while holding on the the UFC's coat tails.

Linking yourself to the UFC is a good thing in MMA.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

michigandolphin
michigandolphin
  • Predictions:  25,001  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,973
  • Post Score: 261

12.05.2014 | 6:05 PM ET

I agree, it's very smart. Eventually I assume the UFC will absorb Invicta, and Dana will definitely keep Shannon on as talent acquisition/promotional development for these women's weight classes.

"Frig off, bud"

wilflet
wilflet
  • Predictions:  8,201  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,413
  • Post Score: 228

12.05.2014 | 6:15 PM ET

Genius- for the most part ufc will have the venues booked for the weigh in day, the sound, light, projection and broadcast gear is all in before that point anyway so your not having to get anything for any longer... meaning providing invicta still does its weigh ins in a small room as theyve been doing so far and the arena can work ufc weigh in and invicta show on the same day your looking at being able to host the invicta show for pretty much no extra expenditure on production to what ufc were doing for there show!
I imagine in some venues if IFC isnt filling it they'll be able to get away with the same front of house/steward/security numbers as the ufc weigh in too.
This certainly moves the goal posts on where/how big a show would be financially viable compared to an independent promotion (depending on what deal they strike with ufc its potentialy just cover fighter pay from their tickets)- very sensible expansion strategy.
Helps smooth the transition for fighters who do eventually join the ufc as theyve already fought in a ufc set up.

ticket bundle offers would be great, hell even without an offer if it wasnt for the fact that in all likleyhood they'll be an ocean between these shows and me Id certainly be thinking id opt to make a weekend of it rather than just go to a ufc show.

"Demons run when a good man goes to war."

benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt
  • Predictions:  18,270  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15,716
  • Post Score: 229

12.05.2014 | 6:40 PM ET

Got-damn genius.  

"I have not yet begun to defile myself. "

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

12.05.2014 | 9:06 PM ET

Helwani has been championing this plan for months on the MMA Hour.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  5,020  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,679
  • Post Score: 208

12.05.2014 | 9:39 PM ET

Especially if the Invicta events are the night before UFC PPV events, because all the MMA media will be there not just local media; and I'm sure the UFC would be more than whiling to open up their media events to the Invicta fighters to help promote a Fight Pass show.

Selfishly, I hope Invicta starts this on February 27th. I'd love to see an Invicta show live in LA the night before UFC 184. 

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,315
  • Post Score: 283

12.05.2014 | 11:09 PM ET

They're saying Morgan "won" that?   Huh..  

Edit:  oops wrong invicta thread...neg me...neg away!

* Edited at 12.05.2014, 11:22 PM ET *

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

wilflet
wilflet
  • Predictions:  8,201  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,413
  • Post Score: 228

12.06.2014 | 5:40 AM ET

"Demons run when a good man goes to war."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Jailton Almeida reflects on mistake against Curtis Blaydes, vows to ‘put on a great show’ at UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : UFC 302 Stream: Highlights, Results And More!
  • MMA Junkie : UFC books Josh Fremd vs. Andre Petroski for July 13 Fight Night event
  • MMA Mania : Flashback! Watch Strickland Upset Izzy Down Under
  • MMAFighting.com : With free agency behind him, Elizeu Zaleski happy to face Randy Brown at UFC 302
  • MMAFighting.com : Eric Nicksick gives Dustin Poirier ‘very good chance’ against ‘boogeyman’ Islam Makhachev at UFC 302
  • MMA Junkie : Randy Brown vs. Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC 302
  • Bad Left Hook : 5v5 - Wilder vs Zhang: Live updates and results NOW!
  • MMA Junkie : Niko Price vs. Alex Morono prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC 302
  • MMAFighting.com : Belal Muhammad: Islam Makhachev could go up to 185 and ‘beat Dricus du Plessis right now’
  • MMA Mania : Poirier Tracks Down Makhachev For Backstage Apology
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302: Islam Makhachev vs. Dustin Poirier live stream watch party at 9:45 p.m. ET
  • Middle Easy : Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul Postponed Following Boxing Legend’s Health Condition
  • MMA Junkie : FanDuel Promo Code | Bet & Win $150 in Bonus Bets for UFC 302: Makhachev-Poirier & More
  • MMA Junkie : From Las Vegas brawl to UFC 302: How Ailin Perez vs. Joselyne Edwards grew into a heated grudge match
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302: Islam Makhachev vs. Dustin Poirier live stream watch party
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Wilder Vs. Zhang Results, Streaming Updates
  • Middle Easy : Video: Kayla Harrison Slams Alex Pereira Hard To The Mat With Powerful Judo Throw
  • MMAFighting.com : Paulo Costa believes impressive UFC 302 performance can vault him to title shot
  • MMA Mania : ‘Mom Doesn’t Want Me To KO You’