Topic: Off Topic

Tapology Talks : TV Shows

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

gunn4206
gunn4206
  • Predictions:  40,182  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  7,834
  • Post Score: 249

09.25.2013 | 11:27 AM ET

I noticed we have a thread for everything except tv shows. usually we talk about it in slow day or some other random thread . so thought it was time to make this . ive always been a huge fan of tv  more then movies . what are some of the show's you have been watching lately ? or shows that you can't wait for that new season to start .  i recently started watching  breaking bad (thanks to Swickotine) and parks and recreation and i love them both right away .

some of my all time favorites would probably seinfeld , the Simpsons  king of the hill , South park and workaholics . don't matter how many times ive seen them when it's on i always watch them again .

so Fellow Tapology Members what are you watching ?

* Edited at 09.25.2013, 11:57 AM ET *

"RIP Bill Burgess , RIP CthuluJones"

Responses Page 22

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,556  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,603
  • Post Score: 69

02.21.2016 | 9:57 AM ET

My prediction for tonight is that little happens and the Talking Dead acts like a lot did happen.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,315
  • Post Score: 283

02.21.2016 | 1:04 PM ET

Was anothe "ehh" balless episode of TWD last week and I expect more of the same. 

Vikings is back, thank God.  

Black Sails is such an underrated show. Most likely because the slow season 1...but I ******* love it. 

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

02.22.2016 | 8:00 AM ET

Not much happened on TWD except that new character which Rick and Daryl handled poorly.

michigandolphin
michigandolphin
  • Predictions:  25,001  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,973
  • Post Score: 261

02.22.2016 | 1:58 PM ET

My expectations are so low for TWD now that I was actually pleasantly surprised with last night's episode. 

"Frig off, bud"

OutlawJoseyWales
OutlawJoseyWales
  • Predictions:  10,186  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,392
  • Post Score: -147

02.22.2016 | 4:25 PM ET

so it looks like the donald will win the presidential race. can he fix the 19.5 trillion dollar deficit? in the past he just filed bankruptcy. the donald will lead the U.S. into bankruptcy and all hell breaks loose.  you chumps in the lower 48 will suffer but i'm up here in alaska and we will become one of the biggest economies in the world. 25 trillion dollars in untap natural resources. see ya suckas.

* Edited at 02.22.2016, 4:26 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 3 weeks, 2 days, and 5 hours from now.
Follow The Money
Follow The Money
  • Predictions:  5,951  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,031
  • Post Score: 150

02.22.2016 | 8:06 PM ET

It would be funny if all your worries were for nothing.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

02.23.2016 | 7:37 AM ET

TWD episode was ok but it left out a lot of characters. I wonder if this half season will be filled with such episodes.

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

03.21.2016 | 11:59 PM ET

Been watching the new American Crime Story series that is basing their first season on the OJ trial, and it is fantastic.  I am blown away at how good it is.  I had some doubts about this series, since it was a spin off of the American Horror Story series, which is rather hit or miss depending on the season.  I also had some doubt with regards to the cast, especially with John Travolta and Cuba Gooding Jr playing Robert Shapiro and O.J. Simpson respectively.  Mainly because Travolta has a spotty record as an actor with regards to being believable and not overacting.  And with regards to Gooding Jr, I just thought it would be really hard for him to be O.J.; not because he isn't a great actor, but because of the person who he was trying to be.  However, I must say that both have performed amazingly in their roles. From there, I felt that David Schwimmer has done a good job playing Robert Kardashian, Sarah Paulson is a great fit as Marcia Clark, Bruce Greenwood has done good as Gil Garcetti, Kenneth Choi has done good as Judge Ito, Sterling Brown has done very good as Christopher Darden, and Courtney B. Vance is a perfect fit as Johnnie Cochran.  It is very gripping, and overall I find the series to be fantastic so far.  I love how they have interwoven actual television clips from that time frame into the show, such as the clips of the Bronco chase, actual news casts done by NBC News and CNN, as well as adding in clips from sporting events like the 1994 NBA Finals.  I feel they have done a good job at replicating the events of the time and capturing the gravity of every situation.  If I were to have one complaint about the series, it would be some of the choices of music for certain sections I felt didn't fit the mood.  For example,when they showed off the first stand off between Simpson and the cops while A.C. is driving the Bronco on the highway in episode two, I felt the use of the Beastie Boys' "Sabotage" didn't fit at all and took away a bit from that scene.  However, there are other scenes that are absolutely gripping, like when O.J. is coming out of the Bronco.  Overall, I am really enjoying the series and am really intrigued what they will do for future seasons.

"..."

Follow The Money
Follow The Money

03.22.2016 | 12:05 AM ET

Dude I had zero ******* idea that this show had anything to do with AHS.
Cheese32165
Cheese32165
  • Predictions:  24,702  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,063
  • Post Score: 162

03.22.2016 | 12:07 AM ET

Who has seen the second season of Daredevil and if so what are your thoughts on it ? I personally think its the best thing on Netflix and the best superhero series atm. 

"Tom Breese Future Champ"

zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

03.22.2016 | 12:48 AM ET

Watched Daredevil. Loved it. Give me more Punisher (hoping they adapt some of the Ennis' MAX run, which they did have some of that in this season of Daredevil). Hoping for Bullseye in the next season of Daredevil.

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

Cheese32165
Cheese32165
  • Predictions:  24,702  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,063
  • Post Score: 162

03.22.2016 | 1:55 AM ET

You'll be glad to hear that the Punisher is getting his own series and also Bullseye should show up again after having a small showing in season 1.

"Tom Breese Future Champ"

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

03.23.2016 | 2:30 PM ET

My Wife has been watching American Crime Story. I've been in the room a few times when it was on. Sometimes the whole thing looks like a joke as the much of the make-up and wigs look so bad. I am old enough to fully remember the OJ Simpson trial so watching the debacle over again doesn't do much for me. I've seen a lot of praise from a lot of people about that show but to me everything about it is so mediocre. It's amazing how tolerant we are about mediocrity on TV compared to film. 

* Edited at 03.23.2016, 4:23 PM ET *

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

03.23.2016 | 3:05 PM ET

Anyone else been watching Outsiders? Pretty good show so far and I think things are really going to start heating up in the next couple of episodes!

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

03.24.2016 | 4:23 PM ET

For those watching TWD, that last episode of the season will have a new character.

Follow The Money
Follow The Money

03.24.2016 | 8:08 PM ET

Shut up you ******* corn ball, if you wanna get technical about insider knowledge, there's gonna be a lot of new faces besides Negans.
Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,575
  • Post Score: 275

03.24.2016 | 9:59 PM ET

Purposely not reading anything in the recent posts, just please don't spoil Walking Dead plot points for us!

"I live, I die, I live again."

Toll
Toll
  • Predictions:  46,751  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  368
  • Post Score: 542

03.25.2016 | 12:41 AM ET

The Americans

I'm really liking this season of TWD, but I've got to throw out some love for The Americans!

"The entire cast of The Americans is first rate. They work in murky territory, obliged to play characters who exist on multiple levels of dissemblance."

"The Americans just keeps getting more intense as it goes along, hitting harder than any drama on television right now."

"As is always the case with The Americans, it may be grim, but it's always worth your time."

"The Americans returned as excellent as ever."

"What's great about this series is that it continues to zig when audiences expect it to zag."

"Any craft who'd fain To cross the Sea Lords Special Royal Domain Must pay the tribute that King Neptune wishes And be received by mermaids sharks & fishes For we'll see you on the morn. Any who resist will wish he'd not been born"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

03.25.2016 | 7:30 AM ET

Follow the Money, any news site clearly gave his appearance away. You had to make it worse by mentioning someone else.

Follow The Money
Follow The Money

03.25.2016 | 3:48 PM ET

Chill dude

Page 22

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Raw video: Khabib predicts title, urges Johnson to quit mid-fight and more UFC legendary moments without commentary
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Claims Khabib Would Be UFC Champ ‘Right Now’, How He Compares To Islam Makhachev
  • MMAFighting.com : Kade Ruotolo bringing different level of grappling to MMA: ‘I’m not sure if the MMA world is ready for it’
  • Bad Left Hook : WBC orders Vargas vs Figueroa title consolidation
  • MMA Mania : Brawl! Team Masvidal And Team Diaz Come To Blows
  • MMAFighting.com : Nate Diaz, Jorge Masvidal press conference erupts into wild brawl
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Jorge Masvidal in middle of wild brawl after Nate Diaz refused another press conference faceoff
  • MMA Junkie : Arman Tsarukyan: Version of Islam Makhachev at UFC 302 'would be very easy fight for me'
  • MMA Junkie : T.J. Dillashaw thinks Cory Sandhagen will be UFC champ if he tops Umar Nurmagomedov
  • MMA Mania : UFC Fans ‘Feel Sorry’ For ‘Desperate’ Darren Till
  • Middle Easy : ‘Fake Little B*tch’ Sean Strickland Snaps Back at Luke Rockhold: ‘I’ll F*ck You Up For Fun’
  • Bad Left Hook : Ayala vs Apolinario vacant title fight reportedly set for Aug. 9
  • Bad Left Hook : Angel Ayala vs Dave Apolinario vacant title fight reportedly set for Aug. 9
  • MMAFighting.com : Bare knuckle, headbutts, and one 30-minute round: IVC plans return with vintage vale tudo rules
  • MMA Junkie : Oscar De La Hoya criticizes those calling for Deontay Wilder's retirement: 'Give the man his respect'
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Diaz Vs. Masvidal Press Conference Video!
  • Middle Easy : Arman Tsarukyan Chokes Out Alligator During Hunt For UFC Title: ‘I Got A License To Kill’
  • MMAFighting.com : Dana White: Conor McGregor at Muhammad Ali’s level when it comes to ‘mental warfare’
  • MMA Mania : Blaydes: ‘Top Heavy’ Jones Not ‘Real’ Champ
  • MMA Junkie : Dustin Jacoby expects best version of Dominick Reyes at UFC on ESPN 57