Topic: UFC 301

UFC 301: Pantoja vs. Erceg

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,389
  • Post Score: 46

01.16.2024 | 10:51 AM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 301
  • Saturday 05.04.2024 at 06:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: Jeunesse Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Paul Felder, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Daniel Cormier
  • Attendance: 14,514
  • MMA Bouts: 13
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Alexandre Pantoja   defeats   Steve Erceg   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
José Aldo   defeats   Jonathan Martinez   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Anthony Smith   defeats   Vitor Petrino   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   2:00 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Michel Pereira   defeats   Ihor Potieria   via Submission, Standing Guillotine Choke   0:54 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Caio Borralho   defeats   Paul Craig   via KO/TKO, Left Cross   2:10 Round 2 of 3, 7:10 Total Bout Page
Joanderson Brito   defeats   Jack Shore   via KO/TKO, Doctor Stoppage (cut on Shin)   3:35 Round 2 of 3, 8:35 Total Bout Page
Iasmin Lucindo   defeats   Karolina Kowalkiewicz   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Myktybek Orolbai   defeats   Elves Brener   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Drakkar Klose   defeats   Joaquim Silva   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Mauricio Ruffy   defeats   Jamie Mullarkey   via KO/TKO, Flying Knee and Punches   4:42 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Dione Barbosa   defeats   Ernesta Kareckaite   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Ismael Bonfim   defeats   Vinc Pichel   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Alessandro Costa   defeats   Kevin Borjas   via KO/TKO, Punches From Back Mount   1:35 Round 2 of 3, 6:35 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 16

ToesYouUp
ToesYouUp
rank
  • Predictions:  509  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  14
  • Post Score: 114

04.29.2024 | 5:07 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 640 Points   |   Tied for 2180th

Pereira vs. Potieria
Michel Pereira, SUB, R1
Don't count out IHOR he is a madman, No value on Michel here

gliese58i
gliese58i
rank
  • Predictions:  1,424  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  10,665
  • Post Score: 128

04.29.2024 | 5:32 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 4180th

Why does Tap call someone who is +350 a "moderate underdog". That's an implied win probability of 22.2%. That's a huge dog.
raulfontes005
raulfontes005
rank
  • Predictions:  750  |  60.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: -200

04.29.2024 | 6:31 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 580 Points   |   Tied for 3147th

Pantoja vs. Erceg
Steve Erceg, DEC
The main event is here and I think this is going to be a great fight. I think this will be a candidate for fight of the year and it's a tough fight to pick. Erceg is well rounded but hasn't fought the best competition leading to a title fight. Pantoja is the best 125er but he does have some weaknesses. I think the fight does go the distance but it depends on who's gas tank will be better. Pantoja's gas tank has been looking horrible in his latest fights especially those two title fights. I think round 1 we are going to see Erceg win the round and have a statement and win the round 10-9. Rounds 2 and 3 will be Pantoja using his grapple game plan and win those two rounds. Then Pantoja will be super tired and I see Erceg winning those last 2 rounds in a crazy fight. I think we see a new Flyweight Champion and Erceg will make history.

Martinez vs. Aldo
Jonathan Martinez, DEC
We have the Co Main event between Aldo and Martinez. Aldo is back after retiring 2 years ago and I think people are overlooking this fight. I feel Aldo is coming into this fight for a check. I believe Aldo needs that cash and has 1 fight left in his contract so I see this fight as yeah I need some cash why not come back and fight in Rio at home. I think Martinez isn't that good as people think he is, but I think he is the much faster and younger striker. I think Martinez will outstrike Aldo to a decision and I think Aldo will have his moments but Martinez I think wins a 29-28 decision.

Smith vs. Petrino
Vitor Petrino, DEC
Next up on paper we have Anthony Smith and Vitor Petrino. Smith is done and checked out in my opinion and Petrino is hungry and looking for an chance at the top 15. Smith is overrated after the Jones fight he has gone down. Petrino is gonna go for the takedowns and win a decision. I think Petrino can finish Smith but I don't think Vitor will stand with Smith and I think his grappling will be the game. I see like a 30-27 or even 30-26 win for Petrino.

Pereira vs. Potieria
Michel Pereira, TKO, R1
Michel Pereira is on his Charles Oliveira ark and it continues here. I am a big fan of Michel and I think he can become a top star in the Middleweight division. Michel should be able to get a first round finish and I think it's by KO. Ihor is pretty chinny and he is coming in on short notice. I think Michel finishes this fight in the first minute and has an exciting performance in front of the Brazilian crown and on PPV.

Craig vs. Borralho
Caio Borralho, TKO, R2
The Main Card starts with a Middleweight Ranked fight. Paul Craig is number 13 while Caio is 14. Paul Craig is a dead body in my opinion and Borralho should be an easy pick. The tough choice is how does Caio win this fight. If you look at his past fights he usually is going to the distance with guys like Abus Magomedov and Armen Petroysan. So Caio is usually going to the distance with guys who are tough to finish. His finishes are guys who can easily be finished which Paul Craig fits into that category. Caio I think will get the takedowns and have a similar game plan to what Brendan Allen did in his fight with Craig. I think Caio takes Craig down and finds a GNP TKO as he just dominates Paul in the grappling department. .

Brito vs. Shore
Jack Shore, DEC
This fight in my opinion is the toughest fight to pick in the entire card. Both guys are very good in the grappling department but I think the fight ends in 2 scenarios. The first scenario is Joanderson Brito finishes Shore by KO or Submission and has an impressive performance. The 2nd scenario is Jack Shore controlling Brito similar to Jonathan Pierce but doesn't make the mistake of getting choked. I am going with the 2nd scenario do to what I saw with Brito and Pearce. I think Shore will be able to use his grappling and will be able to survive the finish abilities of Brito. I think Shore wins a 29-28 decision over Joanderson Brito.

Kowalkiewicz vs. Lucindo
Iasmin Lucindo, SUB, R2
Next we have Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs Iasmin Lucindo. This fight is 50/50 as well in my opinion, Karolina is on a career resurgence as she turned her 5 fight losing streak to a 4 fight winning streak. Lucindo is a prospect the UFC is trying to push and she has two solid wins in the UFC. This fight is gonna come down to who will be more aggressive and I think Lucindo will be able to find a submission. Karolina is 38 years old so I don't really trust her in this fight. Lucindo I see her snatching a submission after Karolina makes a mistake in one of her takedowns. Overall I think Lucindo is the more dangerous fighter so I think she wins this fight..

Brener vs. Orolbai
Myktybek Orolbai, DEC
This is gonna be a fan favorite fight. Elves Brenner is never in a boring fight but Myktybek Orolbai is a different monster. Orolbai should be able to get the takedowns on Brenner and control him to a 30-27 decision win. Brenner I think is a bit overrated cause he is usually hyped due to his recent finishes. His UFC debut was a robbery win and his last 2 fights were against a washed Guram and a short notice UFC debuting fighter. If Orolbai wins we should be seeing him entering the top 15 rankings come Tuesday.

Silva vs. Gomis
William Gomis, DEC
This fight might be the most compelling fight of the night. Both guys are very good kickboxers and it's gonna be a fun fight on the feet. I think Jean Silva has gotten a little overrated based on his latest performance and his post interview. Silva is a fun character but I think fans look at the performance he had and pick him based on his so called "hype". Gomis is a very good technical striker and I think that is what wins him this fight. I think Silva will come in overconfident looking for a finish and Gomis will survive and be the better striker. I could see Gomis potentially finding a finish late in the fight cause I could see Silva gas for a finish but I think Gomis will outstrike Silva to a 29-28 decision.

Silva vs. Klose
Drakkar Klose, TKO, R3
Two veterans going at it and this is going to be an interesting fight. I think if Drakkar Klose can get an exciting finish or have a dominant performance he will be boosted up in the rankings. Klose is 36 so it's now or never for Klose. Silva is not an easy opponent as he is the gatekeeper of the 155 pound division. I think Klose will be able to control Silva in the ground and have success on the feet. Klose I think will try and find a finish late in the fight and will succeed after Klose does nasty GNP against Silva.

Ruffy vs. Mullarkey
Mauricio Ruffy, TKO, R2
This fight is a very interesting fight as it can seem like an easy pick but Jaime Mullarkey can pull this off. I almost pick Jaime Mullarkey but his past fights he hasn't been looking that great. He went tip and tap with John Makdessi who is not good and got finished by a Featherweight and Nasrat who is not the most powerful. Ruffy could get fraud checked similar to other Brazilian DWCS fighters but I think he finds the shot in the 2nd over Jaime Mullarkey as I can't trust Mullarkey's chin.

Barbosa vs. Kareckaite
Dione Barbosa, DEC
This is probably the worst fight of the card but it's still a fight. This fight in my opinion is the definition of a coin flip. Ernesta is going to have the striking advantage and Barbosa will have the grappling advantage. I think Barbosa is a little more experienced than Ernesta and it will be a boring decent fight and I think Barbosa shows that she is more experienced as she wins a close 29-28 decision.

Bonfim vs. Pichel
Ismael Bonfim, SUB, R1
Ismael Bonfim is back after a loss to BSD and he is coming for vengeance. Vinc Pichel is old and is a fighter who can get finished early. Bonfim has solid power and great BJJ so I think this ends in the first round. The prediction is basically Bonfim by whatever he wants. If he wants the sub he will take Pinchel down and find the sub and he has the KO power to finish Pichel. I think this doesn't go past round 1 and Bonfim will find the takedown and find a sub in round 1.

Costa vs. Borjas
Alessandro Costa, DEC
This is gonna be a great fight to open up the card. I think both of these guys are solid contenders in the Flyweight division but Costa does have the grappling advantage over Kevin Borjas. Borjas was taken down 5 times in his DWCS fight and I see a world where maybe Borjas outstrikes Costa similar to what Erceg did, but I think Costa will have a solid game plan and find a solid 29-28 decision win over Kevin Borjas.

justbleedmma
justbleedmma
rank
  • Predictions:  1,127  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  259
  • Post Score: 205

04.29.2024 | 7:08 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 13 Winners, 6 Perfect, 755 Points   |   Tied for 497th

Aldo is the first fighter ever to be inducted into the hall of fame and then fight again, right? I can't think of another instance.
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
rank
  • Predictions:  16,323  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  32,417
  • Post Score: 89

04.29.2024 | 7:46 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 625 Points   |   Tied for 2464th

Pretty sure lawler fought after being in the HOF
Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
rank
  • Predictions:  4,350  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  6,389
  • Post Score: 135

04.29.2024 | 8:04 PM ET

After Hall of Fame.

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 550 Points   |   Tied for 3644th

Matt Hughes 100% did with one win and then being vaporized by BJ Penn.
He had to be the first.
Rah123
Rah123
rank
  • Predictions:  1,284  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,645
  • Post Score: -56

04.29.2024 | 8:18 PM ET

There will be some funerals after this card

Vince Puchel - RIP
Jamie Mullarkey - RIP
Ihor Poteria - RIP (robot dance)
Anthony Smith - RIP but still wants title shot 
pashaboyer
pashaboyer
  • Predictions:  168  |  52.4%
  • Forum Posts:  392
  • Post Score: -5

04.29.2024 | 11:15 PM ET

Costa vs Borjas

Now I know, Borjas last fight was a disappointment. But, I still don’t understand how Costa should be the favorite here?
He’s chinny, he lacks in volume…. And I’m not worried about take downs here, because he rarely shoots. Give me Kevin here with higher volume. And he seems to be durable so far. Idk 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

* Edited at 04.29.2024, 11:16 PM ET *

chamaton
chamaton
  • Predictions:  51  |  74.5%
  • Forum Posts:  87
  • Post Score: -30

04.29.2024 | 11:17 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 670 Points   |   Tied for 1689th

Kowalkiewicz vs. Lucindo
Iasmin Lucindo, DEC
Lucindo has looked pretty good so far in her ufc run karolina is back on a run herself but i think it ends right here Lucindo is fast on the feet and will light up an old karolina

Brener vs. Orolbai
Myktybek Orolbai, DEC
i think Orolbai is going to win this fight in boring wrestle heavy fashion he’s going to be scared of Brenners power and brenner is going to be comfy off his back like every chute box fighyer

Silva vs. Klose
Drakkar Klose, TKO, R3
Klose outclasses Silva and when Joaquim is gassed in the third Klose will end the fight

pashaboyer
pashaboyer
  • Predictions:  168  |  52.4%
  • Forum Posts:  392
  • Post Score: -5

04.29.2024 | 11:18 PM ET

@AyyLmaonnaise 
I’m with you on Gomis btw… he seems to squeez by with his wins lately.. I think he will do it again. And only way I see him losing is by getting chinned. I’ll trust his history and record that he won’t. :)

* Edited at 04.29.2024, 11:18 PM ET *

boya_UFC
boya_UFC
rank
  • Predictions:  614  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  49
  • Post Score: 12

04.29.2024 | 11:45 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 8 Perfect, 750 Points   |   Tied for 557th

Pantoja vs. Erceg
Alexandre Pantoja, DEC
Nothing special, another win on points for Champ 50-45.

Martinez vs. Aldo
Jonathan Martinez, DEC
Very competitive fight.

Smith vs. Petrino
Vitor Petrino, TKO, R1
KO/TKO or DEC for VP.

Pereira vs. Potieria
Michel Pereira, SUB, R1
MP too much for Potieria

Costa vs. Borjas
Alessandro Costa, DEC
Easy money for Alessandro Costa

BNASTY
BNASTY
rank
  • Predictions:  255  |  60.8%
  • Forum Posts:  27
  • Post Score: -307

04.29.2024 | 11:58 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 510 Points   |   Tied for 4151st

Brener vs. Orolbai
Elves Brener, DEC
I'M GOING WITH BRENER BECAUSE WHY NOT. YOU CAN'T TELL ME YOU'RE IMPRESSED WITH OROLBAI. ELVES BRENER ON THE OTHER HAND HAS DONE NOTHING BUT IMPRESS. HE'S A DAWG AND HE HAS SOMETHING IN HIS SKILL SET THAT I CAN'T REALLY PUT A FINGER ON. I THINK IT'S SOMETHING TO DO WITH HOW HE THROWS WHAT HE THROWS. HE SEEMS TO BE OFF SPEED CONSISTENTLY IN HIS COMBOS AND HE MIXES HIS WEAPONS UP IN A WAY THAT ARE OFF PUTTING IN THE STAND UP. ON THE GROUND HE'S AS DANGEROUS AS YOU WOULD EXPECT ANY CHUTE BOXE FIGHTER TO BE. THAT'S WHERE OROLBAI IS GONNA WANT THE FIGHT AND I THINK HE'S GOING TO BE SURPRISED AT HOW NOT EASY IT'S GOING TO BE TO GET IT THERE WHEN HE WANTS TO. WHAT'S MORE THAN LIKELY GOING TO HAPPEN IS OROLBAI IS GOING TO REALLY TEST OUT THE STAND UP AND HE'S GOING TO GET CLIPPED WITH SOMETHING THAT'S GOING TO MESS HIM UP SERIOUSLY AND WHEN HE SHOOTS IN FOR THE TAKEDOWN IT'S GOING TO BE AN OUT OF THE FRYING PAN INTO THE FIRE TYPE OF SITUATION WHERE HE'S FIGHTING OFF SUBS WHILE TRYING TO RECOVER FROM HAVING HIS BELL RUNG. I THINK IT'S GOING TO MAKE HIM FIGHT DIFFERENT THE REST OF THE FIGHT AND HE'LL SURVIVE AND TAKE THE L. WITH THE WAY BRENER HAS BEEN RUNNING THOUGH I WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED IF HE GETS ANOTHER FINISH.

Silva vs. Gomis
Jean Silva, TKO, R2
BY TAKING THE SECOND ROUND I'M GIVING GOMIS THE CREDIT FOR BEING ABLE TO SURVIVE BY DOING NOTHING FOR 1 ENTIRE ROUND BEFORE SILVA SMOKES HIM. SILVA IS TO UNORTHADOX TO PREPARE FOR AND HE HAS THE POWER ADVANTAGE. IF YOU CAN'T THROW ANYTHING TO GET THIS PSYCHO OFF YOU AND YOU DON'T THROW VOLUME AND WRESTLE TO BEAT HIM BY DECISION WHILE STAYING SAFE FROM THE SUB YOU ARE NOT GETTING OUT OF THE CAGE. GOMIS ISN'T THE TYPE TO BEAT SILVA. YOU NEED POWER, SKILL, VOLUME AND WRESTILING TO HANDLE SILVA AT 145 HE'S TO POWERFUL, HE'S TO ACCURATE AND THE SPEED IS KILLER.

Silva vs. Klose
Drakkar Klose, DEC
NETTO BJJ DOESN'T DO ANY BJJ SO I'M GOING TO TAKE KLOSE IN WHAT I THINK WILL BE A CLOSE FIGHT. IF KLOSE GETS A SHOT AT A KNOCKOUT THEN HE WILL GO FOR IT AND WITH THE HOLES IN SILVA STANDUP I THINK IT WILL PRESENT ITSELF BUT I THINK KLOSE WILL BE HAPPY WITH GETTING OUT OF BRASIL WITH A WIN AGAINST A VERY DANGEROUS OPPONENT.

Ruffy vs. Mullarkey
Mauricio Ruffy, TKO, R2
RUFFY IS HEAVY ON THE POWER AND LOW ON THE VOLUME. I SEE JAMIE TRYING THINGS OUT ON THE FEET UNTIL HE FEELS THE FIRST SHOT AND THEN HE GOES IN FOR THE WRESTLING AND FINDS OUT HE CAN'T TAKE HIM DOWN EITHER. THE BIG CAGE IS GOING TO WORK AGAINST JAMIE AND RUFFY WILL HIT HIM WITH PRECISE POWER THAT WILL KNOCK HIM DOWN LATE IN THE FIRST, JAMIE WILL SURVIVE BUT HE WILL TAKE A SERIOUS BODY SHOT FOR HIS TROUBLE AND THEN MAKE IT TO THE CORNER. HE COMES BACK OUT IN THE SECOND TRYING TO GIVE RUFFY A FIGHT, RUFFY AVOIDS THE STRIKES HITS HIM WITH A HIGHLY PAINFUL LEG KICK (IT'LL BE AROUND 9-10 BY THIS TIME HE'S CAUGHT HIM WITH) RUFFY STILL WON'T GO IN FOR THE KILL, JAMIE WITH THROW ONE OF HIS PATENTED PLEASE KNOCK ME TF OUT COMBOS AND RUFFY WILL ONE HITTER HIM IN THE SECOND ROUND.

Barbosa vs. Kareckaite
Ernesta Kareckaite, TKO, R1
THIS IS THE HARDEST FIGHT TO CALL ON THE CARD HONESTLY. BARBOSA WINS THIS HANDS DOWN IF WE WERE TALKING RESUME COMPARISON. SHE WILL WIN THIS IF SHE CAN GET THIS WNBA CENTER DOWN TO THE GROUND. I DON'T THINK SHE CAN THOUGH. KARECKAITE IS LONG, TALL, STRONG, ACTIVE AF AND HAS A NEXT LEVEL GAS TANK. SHE'S NOT EVEN GOING TO THROW A KICK FOR BARBOSA TO GRAB IN THE FIRST ROUND, SHE'S COMING FORWARD WITH THOSE HANDS AND SHE'S COMING THAT WAY THE ENTIRE FIGHT. I CAN HONESTLY SEE A GROUND AND POUND TKO FOR KARECKAITE. I SEE A TAKEDOWN ATTEMPT BY BARBOSA AND THEN HER FALLING TO HER BACK TRYING TO PULL GUARD BECAUSE SHE LITERALLY CAN'T DEAL WITH THAT LEVEL OF CRAZY PRESSURE ON THE FEET. WHILE DOWN THERE SHE'S GETTING PEPPERED WITH NON STOP SHOTS AND AN ELBOW IS GOING TO SPLIT HER OPEN THEN KARECKAITE IS GOING TO THROW ANOTHER 6 ELBOWS SWITCHING LEFT TO RIGHT EACH ONE BECAUSE WHY WOULDN'T SHE.

Bonfim vs. Pichel
Ismael Bonfim, TKO, R2
BONFIM IS GOING TO PIECE UP PICHEL IF HE CAN MAKE WEIGHT THIS TIME. VINC IS AT LEAST 65 YEARS OLD SO I THINK HE CAN GO AHEAD AND FILE FOR DISABILITY AND START THOSE SSI BENEFITS BEFORE HE HEADS DOWN TO HIS NEW HOME. NEVER TO LATE TO BE A PASSPORT BRO!

Costa vs. Borjas
Kevin Borjas, TKO, R2
BORJAS IS A BANGER WITH A CHIN, COSTA IS THE BETTER TECHNICAL FIGHTER. I'M GOING WITH THE BANGER WITH THE CHIN, I'VE SEEN ENOUGH OF COSTA TO KNOW HE'S A SLOW STARTER AND HE LOVES GETTING HIT WITH RIGHT HANDS IN THE FACE. BORJAS LIKES THROWING RIGHT HANDS TO THE FACE AND WHEN THEY TOUCH THESE GUYS THEY ARE REALLY FEELING IT. I THINK HE'S HUNGRY ENOUGH TO MAKE IT HAPPEN BUT HE'S ALSO OPEN TO GET CRACKED. I SEE IT GOING BORJAS KO OR COSTA DECISION.

LilBro123
LilBro123
rank
  • Predictions:  227  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  334
  • Post Score: 23

04.30.2024 | 12:33 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 3 of 5 Winners, 0 Perfect, 180 Points   |   Tied for 5769th

Pantoja vs. Erceg
Alexandre Pantoja, SUB, R4
Delusional Erceg fans acting like he has a chance LMFAO. Pantoja mounts him for five rounds or gets a sub.

chamaton
chamaton
  • Predictions:  51  |  74.5%
  • Forum Posts:  87
  • Post Score: -30

04.30.2024 | 12:58 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 670 Points   |   Tied for 1689th

Brito vs. Shore
Joanderson Brito, TKO, R1
i never was high on shore i see brito rushing into shore landing a big shot that drops him and then brito wraps up a choke or just lands ground and pound shots

Silva vs. Gomis
Jean Silva, DEC
Jean silva will be the aggressor this fights in brazil he will land the harder shots and have an equal amount of output as gomis and if either of the fighters have control time i see it being Silva i think all the sign point to Silva being up on the judges scorecards i don’t think he can finish Gomis as he has a not get hit kind of style

Ruffy vs. Mullarkey
Mauricio Ruffy, TKO, R1
not much to say Mullarkey is super chinny

Barbosa vs. Kareckaite
Dione Barbosa, DEC
idk either but grappler over striker

Costa vs. Borjas
Kevin Borjas, TKO, R2
Borjas is a sleeper pick Costa is going to be down on the cards if this fight stays majority on the feet also Borjas hits hard for a flyweight i can see Costa going down here he looks pretty chinny

boseip
boseip
  • Predictions:  51  |  68.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6
  • Post Score: -67

04.30.2024 | 1:10 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 545 Points   |   Tied for 3662nd

Pantoja vs. Erceg
Steve Erceg, TKO, R3
Steve Erceg is the new generation of flyweight, Pantoja looked good in the Royval and Moreno fights but looked way too hitable. I like Erceg's style and I think he will control the striking from the outside early on.

Martinez vs. Aldo
Jonathan Martinez, TKO, R3
Most likely will stay on the feet. Similar styles, I just think Martinez will be faster and quicker in all the striking exchanges.

Smith vs. Petrino
Vitor Petrino, TKO
Anthony Smith is way too standstill for Petrino. Also think he has taken a lot of damage and is coming back quickly. Petrino is coming off a fight so should be in good shape.

Pereira vs. Potieria
Michel Pereira, TKO, R1
They are just feeding guys with 0 feet movement to Pereira. The UFC wants to cut Ihor so badly XD

Craig vs. Borralho
Caio Borralho, DEC
I would not bet money on this fight. Borralho's main weapon is his grappling, but that cant be the gamplan vs Craig. Don't trust his striking enough. Wouldn

el_guapo
el_guapo
rank
  • Predictions:  236  |  65.7%
  • Forum Posts:  667
  • Post Score: 102

04.30.2024 | 1:16 AM ET

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 605 Points   |   Tied for 2720th

@boseip 
picking Erceg? Bold but i respect it, would be a major holy **** moment if he does knock Pantoja clean out
boseip
boseip

04.30.2024 | 1:22 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Brito vs. Shore
Joanderson Brito, SUB, R2
Guessing a sub in the later rounds here

Kowalkiewicz vs. Lucindo
Iasmin Lucindo, DEC
low level women's mma. rule #1. decision.

Brener vs. Orolbai
Myktybek Orolbai, TKO, R1
I'm convinced he was frozen in ice for a couple thousand years

Silva vs. Gomis
William Gomis, DEC
Reach advtange

Silva vs. Klose
Joaquim Silva, TKO
Silva is a kill or be killed fighter. I think people are underestimating him. Klose's striking is sub par.

Ruffy vs. Mullarkey
Mauricio Ruffy, TKO, R2
Mullarky has a history of not doing well against guys with 1 punch power

Barbosa vs. Kareckaite
Dione Barbosa, DEC
Rule #1. Follow if you don't know it.

Bonfim vs. Pichel
Ismael Bonfim, TKO, R1
Probably gets it done early

Costa vs. Borjas
Alessandro Costa, DEC
idk

boseip
boseip

04.30.2024 | 1:30 AM ET

@el_guapo 
I think it will be something like a knee or head kick that stumbles pantoja, followed up by punches. Pantoja is too tough to put cleanout. There is a reason Urceg is only +250 despite being ranked #10. O'malley was around +200 when he fought sterling and everyone thought sterling was gonna maul him. 
boseip
boseip

04.30.2024 | 1:31 AM ET

@Rah123 
Heavy on Ihor and Smith.
Rah123
Rah123
rank
  • Predictions:  1,284  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,645
  • Post Score: -56

04.30.2024 | 2:59 AM ET

LilBro123

Who exactly is picking Erceg? LOL

They must be really new to MMA, ********, or just not able to understand anything about combat sports. Probably all 3 in fact.

I can give them the name of a charity group that helps homeless people if they are betting 

Page 16

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : ‘Let’s make history’: Usyk primed for undisputed showdown with Fury
  • UFC.com : Don’t Sleep On Khaos Williams
  • MMAFighting.com : Lennox Lewis ‘concerned’ Tyson Fury overreacted by losing too much weight: ‘His legs are skinny’
  • MMA Mania : Meet UFC’s Game-Playing Holder Upper
  • MMA Junkie : Waldo Cortes-Acosta calls out Jairzinho Rozenstruik: 'He can challenge me to become a better striker'
  • Bad Left Hook : Fury vs Usyk odds have Tyson as narrow favorite in undisputed clash
  • Middle Easy : UFC 304 Main Card Revealed With Two Title Fights, Tom Aspinall Reacts To Interim Title Defense
  • MMAFighting.com : Dan Hardy questions Cedric Doumbe’s focus after bizarre splinter loss
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Tyson Fury refuses to look at Oleksandr Usyk during contentious faceoff
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Fight Night 241's Themba Gorimbo breaks down in tears after coach's mother dies: 'I'm going to win for him'
  • MMA Mania : ‘Hammer’ Time! Marshman Signs With BYB Extreme
  • UFC.com : Angela Hill: ‘I Still Want To Make My Mark’
  • MMAFighting.com : Tom Aspinall blames Jon Jones for ‘holding sh*t up,’ reacts to UFC 304 interim title defense
  • UFC.com : Emily Ducote: ‘This Is Where I Need To Be’
  • MMA Junkie : Khaos Williams' prediction for UFC Fight Night 241: Submission, KO or 'take his soul from his body'
  • MMAFighting.com : Fury vs. Usyk press conference video
  • MMA Junkie : Adrian Yanez aims to make it a 'beautiful disaster' for Vinicius Salvador at UFC Fight Night 241
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Fury Vs Usyk Final Press Conference Video!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Jaleel Willis rushes Cedric Doumbe as brawl nearly breaks out at Bellator Paris weigh-ins
  • MMA Mania : Grudge Match! ‘Baddy’ Gets Bobby In Manchester!