Topic: UFC 300

UFC 300: Pereira vs. Hill

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,681
  • Post Score: 46

12.16.2023 | 12:25 AM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 300
  • Saturday 04.13.2024 at 06:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: T-Mobile Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $16,508,823
  • Attendance: 20,067
  • MMA Bouts: 13
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Alex Pereira   defeats   Jamahal Hill   via KO/TKO, Left Hook to Ground Strikes   3:14 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
Weili Zhang   defeats   Xiaonan Yan   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Max Holloway   defeats   Justin Gaethje   via KO/TKO, Overhand Right   4:59 Round 5 of 5, 24:59 Total Bout Page
Arman Tsarukyan   defeats   Charles Oliveira   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Bo Nickal   defeats   Cody Brundage   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:38 Round 2 of 3, 8:38 Total Bout Page
Jiří Procházka   defeats   Aleksandar Rakić   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   3:17 Round 2 of 3, 8:17 Total Bout Page
Aljamain Sterling   defeats   Calvin Kattar   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Kayla Harrison   defeats   Holly Holm   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:47 Round 2 of 3, 6:47 Total Bout Page
Diego Lopes   defeats   Sodiq Yusuff   via KO/TKO, Uppercuts to Ground Strikes   1:29 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Renato Moicano   defeats   Jalin Turner   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:11 Round 2 of 3, 9:11 Total Bout Page
Jéssica Andrade   defeats   Marina Rodriguez   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Bobby Green   defeats   Jim Miller   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Deiveson Figueiredo   defeats   Cody Garbrandt   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:02 Round 2 of 3, 9:02 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 50

QMor29
QMor29
  • Predictions:  1,282  |  67.2%
  • Forum Posts:  42
  • Post Score: 138

04.11.2024 | 7:27 AM ET

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 695 Points   |   Tied for 410th

The Manuwa fight he finished pretty fast so I guess that one. That was his last finish and that was 2019? Been all decisions since then if I’m correct 

"“Don’t be scared homie” Nick Diaz"

DevinM34
DevinM34
  • Predictions:  461  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  971
  • Post Score: 157

04.11.2024 | 7:32 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 12 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 745 Points   |   Tied for 103rd

Turner vs. Moicano
Jalin Turner, TKO, R1  Confidence: High
This is one of my most confident picks on the card. I just don't see how Moicano wins this other than maybe catching Turner in a scramble or something. Turner's takedown defense is too good for this to hit the mat, and on the feet Jalin is just light years ahead. He has some of the heaviest hands at 155 and Moicano is far too hittable. The Tarantula gets a vicious KO early

Andrade vs. Rodriguez
Jéssica Andrade, TKO, R2  Confidence: Medium
I'm more confident in Andrade here than most people. Marina will be 37 this month and I think she's starting to slow down. We've already seen Lemos knock her out and her only win in 2 years is over a washed Michelle Waterson. Andrade's losses were all to some of the best in their division and she got back on track with a solid win over Dern. She comes forward with no respect for Marina's power and finds her chin for the KO finish.

Green vs. Miller
Bobby Green, DEC  Confidence: Medium
Love Jim, but the speed discrepancy is going to be too much for him here. Bobby has the more impressive wins over the past couple years and is just a level above. He has the wrestling to defend the takedowns and his boxing is just too good for Jim. King Green fights his fight and takes the decision victory.

Figueiredo vs. Garbrandt
Deiveson Figueiredo, DEC  Confidence: High
Cody's last 2 wins have come against a bum in Trevin Jones and an old ass Brian Kelleher. Cody is not back. Figgy is going to show that here. Aside from a flash KO Cody's not winning this fight. I could see Figgy winning by KO or SUB, but I think this turns into a boring DEC where neither guy wants to push the action.

* Edited at 04.11.2024, 7:49 AM ET *

"My balls was hot"

BobbyAnderson
BobbyAnderson
  • Predictions:  184  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10
  • Post Score: 0

04.11.2024 | 9:17 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 530 Points   |   Tied for 4024th

Oliveira vs. Tsarukyan
Charles Oliveira, TKO, R1
After a back and forth battle on the feet, Oliveira breaks Arman's guard with a right cross, putting him down. He follows up with ferocious ground and pound, leading to the TKO victory.

chamaton
chamaton
  • Predictions:  63  |  71.4%
  • Forum Posts:  100
  • Post Score: -24

04.11.2024 | 10:19 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 0 Perfect, 560 Points   |   Tied for 3091st

Oliveira vs. Tsarukyan
Arman Tsarukyan, TKO, R2
this one is going to be a hard watch arman is built like superman and hits hard like him too i love olives but he gets dropped almost every fight he is in and just like islam i think arman will swarm into olives guard and finish him with ground and pound

Kattar vs. Sterling
Aljamain Sterling, SUB, R2
tricky fight to predict as kattar has never been known for being taken down but the few signs of worry are that hes coming off that knee surgery at 36 years old after plenty of wars cause of his style kattars knee is likely shot also typically aljo is a hard guy to hit dont let the omallry fight fool you aljo is not easy to land on and lastly aljo can wrap up a choke just by jumping your back he really does not need the takedown aljo by rear naked choke in the second round

Holm vs. Harrison
Kayla Harrison, DEC
kayla ML is way too wide here holly has never been easy to get down and is obviously the better striker on the feet the only thing is as much as i want holly to win she wont land enough strikes to do anything significant if kayla makes weight shes going to balloon up and get the takedowns and just win by control time

"Huh"

BobbyAnderson
BobbyAnderson
  • Predictions:  184  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10

04.11.2024 | 10:27 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Pereira vs. Hill
Alex Pereira, TKO, R1
Poatan drops Hill in the closing minute of the very first round, which quickly leads to a TKO victory. After having some substantial time off due to an injury, Hill will get caught with Pereira's left hook and will crumble. Hill choosing to stand in front of Pereira instead of taking the fight to the ground will be his undoing, and Alex Pereira will be the first light heavyweight champion to defend his belt since Jan Blachowicz (March 2021)

Zhang vs. Yan
Weili Zhang, TKO, R2
Ground and pound TKO victory for Weili in the second round. Her pressure will prove to be too much for Yan to handle, which will produce another easy victory for the champ in her second defense.

Gaethje vs. Holloway
Justin Gaethje, DEC
48-47 SD. In the fight of the night, Gaethje and Holloway go back and forth for 5-rounds. Max lands more volume all throughout the fight, but Gaethje will land the more meaningful strikes and inflict more damage, leading to a close judges decision.

DevinM34
DevinM34

04.11.2024 | 11:01 AM ET

A lot of fan favorites fighting on this card! Bias is going to get a lot of people when it comes to making picks. That's already obvious when you look at tapology favorites compared to the moneyline. Jim ******* Miller, Jiri, and Do Bronx are the ones that jump out the most. Not saying ALL of those guys are gonna lose, but gonna be a lot of hurt feelings come Saturday

* Edited at 04.11.2024, 11:07 AM ET *

"My balls was hot"

Xion
Xion
  • Predictions:  346  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  36
  • Post Score: 42

04.11.2024 | 11:05 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 600 Points   |   Tied for 2107th

Procházka vs. Rakić
Jiří Procházka, TKO, R2
Damn jiri might be coming back a bit too early after his loss to alex pereira in november but rakic has been out for a while with an injury so we'll see what happens with that. I do think that rakic will **** up jiri if he dosen't check the leg kicks and he tends not to check leg kicks as we saw in the pereira fight. Jiri does have so much power and i think he can just tag rakic with a right hand as he's going for a 1-2 and rock and finish him. Rakic has good grappling though and could stink up the fight but i dont think jiri will let him.

Kattar vs. Sterling
Aljamain Sterling, DEC
I like this for aljo considering he has a speed advantage in this fight and he is looking big for 145 and kattar is coming off that knee injury and has been out for 2 years. Kattar does have the better striking here but i think aljo's defence can hold up here and he will use his wrestling and bjj and could find a submission on kattar. Overall though aljo takes the win here for me.

Yusuff vs. Lopes
Diego Lopes, SUB, R2
Good test for lopes and a chance to break into the top 15 at 145. I think lopes is faster and more skilled on the ground for sodiq and will probably take him down and get a sub in either round 1 or 2. Yusuff has some good boxing though and can have a chance against lopes but i think lopes is the featherweight do bronx and is gonna win the title and beat movsar in their remach.

Turner vs. Moicano
Jalin Turner, TKO, R1
turner is probably gonna just ko moicano in the first but if moicano can get him to the ground he is done for. If scamrot is holding your big ass down then moicano is gonna twist you into a pretzel. Please win money moicano.

Green vs. Miller
Jim Miller, TKO, R1
i think bobby green left his chin in austin and miller is on a ******* roll right now and is looking so ******* good recently i just think miller will closer the distance and clip green on the chin and put him out and the crowd will go ******* nuts.

Figueiredo vs. Garbrandt
Deiveson Figueiredo, TKO, R1
i was just thinking that cody can actually win this but then i remembered that figgy's got a granite chin and i rewatched his fights and cody's chin is gone and figgy's power is all there at bantamweight.

"sakanigadik"

gliese58i
gliese58i
  • Predictions:  1,436  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  10,777
  • Post Score: 128

04.11.2024 | 11:28 AM ET

@DevinM34

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 630 Points   |   Tied for 1359th

I noticed the same. Of course there's no right or wrong way to pick fights. Well there is if you want to be #50 on the leaderboard. But yeah lots of people picking with their heart in this one.

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

QMor29
QMor29
  • Predictions:  1,282  |  67.2%
  • Forum Posts:  42
  • Post Score: 138

04.11.2024 | 11:39 AM ET

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 695 Points   |   Tied for 410th

It’s really hard not to pick your favorite fighters, I think im really over looking Jamal hill and making excuses on why he’s a bum and such. I’m just not giving the guy enough credit cause I didn’t pick him and the same thing with Bobby green and such. 

"“Don’t be scared homie” Nick Diaz"

SANGRES
SANGRES
  • Predictions:  180  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  411
  • Post Score: 64

04.11.2024 | 11:51 AM ET

Down vote if you like men

* Edited at 04.11.2024, 1:41 PM ET *

"Every animal has a different bite" - Benjamin Esparza

DevinM34
DevinM34

04.11.2024 | 11:56 AM ET

@gliese58i 
Yeah I bet on fights every week so I probably take it a little more serious than most, but nothing wrong with following your heart and pulling for your favorite fighters. I've got a little bias in my picks too. If it's a coin flip in my eyes like Lopes/Yusuff or Jiri/Rakic I'll just go with my favorite

* Edited at 04.11.2024, 11:59 AM ET *

"My balls was hot"

SANGRES
SANGRES

04.11.2024 | 12:03 PM ET

I feel like we're doubting Charles and he feeds off of that but I feel Arman's just too much

Kelly Oubae
Kelly Oubae
  • Predictions:  1,582  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2

04.11.2024 | 12:39 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 610 Points   |   Tied for 1849th

Kattar vs. Sterling
Aljamain Sterling, DEC
What

piffjames508
piffjames508
  • Predictions:  2,440  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  227
  • Post Score: 60

04.11.2024 | 1:39 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 0 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 7750th

Pereira vs. Hill
Jamahal Hill, TKO, R5
sweet sweet victory for hill

Zhang vs. Yan
Weili Zhang, TKO
dgaf

Gaethje vs. Holloway
Max Holloway, DEC
skill vs ****** strength

Oliveira vs. Tsarukyan
Arman Tsarukyan, TKO, R1
bjj vs ****** strength

Nickal vs. Brundage
Bo Nickal, SUB, R1
****** strength vs ******

Procházka vs. Rakić
Aleksandar Rakić, TKO, R1
herky jerky vs dr phil

Kattar vs. Sterling
Aljamain Sterling, SUB, R3
MA FIGHTERS SUCK BET EVERY TIME AGAINST THEM

Holm vs. Harrison
Holly Holm, TKO, R3
dgaf

Yusuff vs. Lopes
Diego Lopes, DEC
tonight will be the noight that i will fall for u ... easy

Turner vs. Moicano
Jalin Turner, TKO, R2
pointless fight moicano just needs some thing to talk about on his podcast

Andrade vs. Rodriguez
Marina Rodriguez, DEC
marina 5U

Green vs. Miller
Jim Miller, TKO, R1
going with glory over damage might bite me in the ass but we will see

Figueiredo vs. Garbrandt
Cody Garbrandt, DEC
cody better in all aspects and 32 vs 36 ..

"its common sense"

chamaton
chamaton
  • Predictions:  63  |  71.4%
  • Forum Posts:  100
  • Post Score: -24

04.11.2024 | 2:10 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 0 Perfect, 560 Points   |   Tied for 3091st

Turner vs. Moicano
Renato Moicano, SUB, R1
changed my mind on this one while i was originally typing this turner has never been subbed that is true but he has been taken down and controlled on the mat numerous times moicano takes turner down same way he did dober but he gets the back and locks in the rear naked choke to win turners relentless style will cost him when he gets taken down for it

Green vs. Miller
Jim Miller, SUB, R2
i think miller can find bobbys chin as most people do but unlike others i see miller then locking in a guillotine choke to put bobby to sleep

Figueiredo vs. Garbrandt
Deiveson Figueiredo, TKO, R2
no love beat 2 cans to get here and it wasnt in great fashion figgy is going to hit cody on the chin and just like you already know cody will fall and figgy will finish it

"Huh"

SANGRES
SANGRES

04.11.2024 | 2:14 PM ET

a lot of people have forgotten how good of a chin Hill has, watch the Thiago Santos fight for a good visual, the punches that Thiago threw sounded like someone punching oobleck, he punched him on his head and temple area and Hill was never phased, Pereira still has a chance since Hill is coming off an injury but don't expect a 1-punch knockout from Pereira, expect it from Hill...

DevinM34
DevinM34

04.11.2024 | 2:37 PM ET

@SANGRES 
Most people picking Pereira are doing it because of the leg kicks and Hill's achilles. I don't think Hill's chin is in question. Both guys are capable of landing a 1 punch KO shot though because that's just the kind of power they carry

"My balls was hot"

tepid55
tepid55
  • Predictions:  53,893  |  75.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,361
  • Post Score: 168

04.11.2024 | 2:43 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 655 Points   |   Tied for 913th

Pereira vs. Hill
Alex Pereira, TKO, R3
My pick is Perreira, but Hill could get his title back.

pashaboyer
pashaboyer
  • Predictions:  168  |  52.4%
  • Forum Posts:  472
  • Post Score: 3

04.11.2024 | 3:46 PM ET

Sterling vs Katar

Idk what everyone is smoking….. Katar is NOT winning this fight. Sterling is by Faaaaar the smarter fighter. And his striking is not damn awful either. Either way you wanna look at it. Sterling wins this. I wouldn’t even be shocked if he wins this without a single take down. Yes I said it. 
pashaboyer
pashaboyer
  • Predictions:  168  |  52.4%
  • Forum Posts:  472
  • Post Score: 3

04.11.2024 | 3:48 PM ET

Hill vs Periera

Hill will close the distance and will knock him out just as brutally as Israel Adesnaya did. Periera, is NOT durable. Has gotten finished, gets hurt in fights, gasses in fights, and struggles with “brawl” type fights at close distances. Hill will make a statement this week. Be ready. 

Page 50

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : UFC 302 Faceoffs: Dustin Poirier’s Final Stand Against Islam Makhachev: ‘The Talk Is Done’
  • MMA Junkie : Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson boxing fight postponed due to medical advice
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 final faceoffs: Watch Islam Makhachev, Dustin Poirier’s tense staredown
  • UFC.com : Mickey Gall Is Back And Better Than Ever
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 302 faceoff video: Sean Strickland vs. Paulo Costa final staredown for co-main clash
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 302 faceoff video: Islam Makhachev, Dustin Poirier meet for final time before title fight
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul boxing match postponed
  • MMA Mania : Staredowns! Makhachev, Poirier Share Intense Faceoff
  • Bad Left Hook : Jake Paul vs Mike Tyson postponed due to medical issue
  • UFC.com : Bassil Hafez Is Here To Stay
  • Jits Magazine : Kody Steele Gets His Shot On Dana White’s Contender Series
  • UFC.com : Jake Matthews: Big Crowd Equals Big Performance
  • MMA Junkie : Santiago Ponzinibbio vs. Muslim Salikhov added to UFC Fight Night event on July 13
  • MMA Mania : Islam Makhachev, Khabib’s protege and pound-for-pound king | UFC 302
  • MMAFighting.com : Diaz vs. Masvidal undercard to feature boxing legend’s son
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 Embedded, episode 5: ‘You better get f*cking lucky’
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC 302 Ceremonial Weigh Ins Video!
  • MMA Junkie : Michal Oleksiejczuk: Kevin Holland fight at UFC 302 is 'a very good opportunity for me'
  • UFC.com : UFC Names Hart Tools As Official Power Tool Partner In The U.S.
  • UFC.com : Former Heavyweight Champ Joins UFC 303 Fight Card