Tapology Forums

The Miscellaneous Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,842  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,655
  • Post Score: 261

12.21.2020 | 8:19 PM ET

This Thread Is a Thread where you can post what ever you want from  **** posting to crazy stuff . Any topic MMA related to what ever you want to talk. Try and not be toxic arsehole. And one rule No Politic allowed because that what made people ****s

Let me Start, I find it insane it like 4 days to Chrismas , Im suprise it so close to the end of the Year,  Fells like Junes.Anyone have anything cool plan for Chrissy, I’m probley just gonna mess around at the gym 

* Edited at 12.21.2020, 8:52 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Page 717

Sabbath
Sabbath
  • Predictions:  1,940  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,554
  • Post Score: 239

03.03.2023 | 7:54 PM ET

My personal (and objectively correct) UFC Dream Match List

Mike Davis vs Guram Kutaladtze 
Brad Riddell vs Mark Madsen (whenever Brad feels he’s ready to come back)
Nate Landwehr vs Jonathan Pearce
Charles Jourdain vs Gavin Tucker
Adrian Yanez vs Jonathan Martinez (how the **** has this not been booked???)
Raoni Barcelos vs Julio Arce
Manel Kape vs Brandon Royval 

This user is suspended from posting until 5 days, 8 hours, and 59 minutes from now.
Bellatrix
Bellatrix
  • Predictions:  3,168  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  949
  • Post Score: 319

03.04.2023 | 9:12 AM ET

Driscus du Plessis has a weird fighting style, but I can't help rooting for him (and too often, betting on him).  He's just a weirdo in the way he looks and moves, but he's fun to watch.  I heart the homunculi.

I used to be excited about Gregor Gillespie, but I think he just fishes all the time now.

* Edited at 03.04.2023, 9:13 AM ET *

"While I Have Breath, I Have Hope."

Bellatrix
Bellatrix
  • Predictions:  3,168  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  949
  • Post Score: 319

03.04.2023 | 9:13 AM ET

Damn, that cigarette burns out a lot.

"While I Have Breath, I Have Hope."

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

03.04.2023 | 1:41 PM ET

Damn

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2023/03/mma-news-christopher-daniel-son-death-drowning-mental-health-paddy-pimblett

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Sabbath
Sabbath

03.04.2023 | 3:10 PM ET

Bellatrix

Dricus’s stance looks like a Stage 1 Final Fight grunt you’d kill in two hits, but he fights like he’s defending earthrealm from Shao Kahn
This user is suspended from posting until 5 days, 8 hours, and 59 minutes from now.
Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,286  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6,260
  • Post Score: 331

03.04.2023 | 4:11 PM ET

I have no idea anything you just said 

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Sabbath
Sabbath

03.04.2023 | 4:17 PM ET

Xconchris

Uncultured swine 
Amettxpc
Amettxpc
  • Predictions:  13,176  |  73.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,328
  • Post Score: 187

03.05.2023 | 1:32 PM ET

Ciryl Gane's UFC 285 Aftermath

I honestly liked the way Gane reacted after this loss at the press conference. Showing yourself upset or angry after a low moment does not nullify at all the fact that you have a cheerful, nice and humble attitude (as Ciryl has shown on multiple occasions). 
I think it was an eye opener for Gane: he lost his second title shot, he's being in his best years and the prime of his career he can't keep wasting time with someone who can't keep up with him in a pad work. Imavov and Gane must move to a Gym in the USA (ATT, AKA, whatever). Both demonstrated their shortcomings in a very clear and terrible way in their last fights: Strickland, who came from fighting super safe, but against Imavov, Sean put him in backwards all the time and Imavov had no answers. Ciryl is coming off two title fights where he was drowned on the ground and against Jones he was easily submitted. From my point of view, both Imavov and Ciryl have not yet reached their ceiling (especially Gane, who can still evolve further). But with Lopez they are not going to grow anymore, in addition to the fact that Lopez is the kind of people from whom it is better to distance yourself quickly to avoid dramas like the one he did with Ngannou or with Slim Trabesli.

"Moicano Wants Money!"

AxaFin
AxaFin
  • Predictions:  1,551  |  60.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,805
  • Post Score: 144

03.05.2023 | 3:41 PM ET

Amettxpc Lopez is also a busy man growing the sport of MMA in France with Ares FC shouldn't be head coaching top tier athletes while doing other ventures.

"I've lost 7100€ on Jared Cannonier."

AxaFin
AxaFin
  • Predictions:  1,551  |  60.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,805
  • Post Score: 144

03.05.2023 | 3:51 PM ET

Saw Sabbath's rant on the recent decline of UFC cards, I've been rageposting on almost every card that I stay up to watch because every time I'm disappointed. Nowadays I just rather sleep well and train myself and watch the fights later for some inspiration on new things that I might try in sparring. Hopefully my fat ass can compete in some local ADCC tournament or Amateur MMA in 2024 would be a flex to have a record in Tapology lmao.

"I've lost 7100€ on Jared Cannonier."

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,305  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,948
  • Post Score: 247

03.05.2023 | 5:50 PM ET

Lopez seems like a great coach for raising a novice fighter’s level very quickly, but his fighters always seem to stagnate when they get to the upper level. Lopez is 0-3 in title fights now. I’m not really an analytical type of MMA fan; I’m just pointing out a pattern, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. 

"🌽⚽️"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420

03.05.2023 | 5:58 PM ET

My dream match is Dricus vs Costa just because of meme value

@flyingfrontkick, same here brother, Past few week with all this ****** apex show had ruin my love of MMA a bit, Usually i'm slightly hype to watch any MMA or boxing, But I haven't care as much about the fight anymore unless it a big one

* Edited at 03.05.2023, 6:05 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Amettxpc
Amettxpc

03.05.2023 | 10:51 PM ET

AxaFin

I am not going to take credit away from Lopez: The passing of the era of 100% Fight and partially unsanctioned MMA to ARES FC as a platform for the area, legalization of MMA in France and UFC Paris are great contributions from Lopez as a pioneer in French MMA. He has a good business network since he is the head coach of MMA Factory, he is the promoter of ARES FC and also within his management he has the figures of both his Gym and his promotion as well as other prospects in the area. But it seems to me that Lopez himself doesn't know much about friendships being friendships and business being business. During his Drama with Ngannou I was on his side seeing that he only charged him a percentage for training in his Gym (the same thing that any trainer of any discipline anywhere in the world does through annual or monthly payments). He was vocal, while Francis always avoided talking about it and also that situation at UFC 268 where Francis dodged his coach and former teammates seemed to agree with Lopez in what fame had gone to Francis's head: You can dodge the former trainer who talks about you in every interview, but Imavov and Ciryl just wanted to say hello to their ex-partner with him assuming everything was fine. 

The weeks of the fight arrived and personally the sparring rumor where Gane knocked Francis down with the body knee seemed like a low act by Lopez, on the way to UFC 270 we practically saw a rivalry and trash-talking not between 2 fighters who were going for a championship, but the rivalry between a former head coach and a fighter, where the coach mainly dedicated himself to saying things implying that it was just a normal rivalry and at the same time making base comments like "Francis is the type of man I you could let him take care of your little daughter, but you should never leave him alone with your wife/girlfriend'' that means Francis is not an evil man, but don't trust his loyalty. 

I think the whole Slim contract blocking situation was worse: he took away a great opportunity from the man to fight in the UFC based on a debt (for management issues) that was even less than a potential win bonus Slim is a star of your promotion, train in your gym and against Porter had a Good matchup to debut in a good way and generate an impact (look what happened between Porter vs. Tafa). He cut off all possibilities to generate even more publicity, money and hype based on debt in a move that was not only shady but counterproductive to his business platform.

"Moicano Wants Money!"

Amettxpc
Amettxpc

03.05.2023 | 11:13 PM ET

Cheeseball

Lopez is really good at developing fighters it's only necessary see how Imavov started and where he is now (in the rankings). 
But honestly France can be a great place for prospects: France, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Mali and the Congo Region are good at exporting athletes and even ARES FC could have fighters from the Netherlands regions as well. He can do a great business (taking into account that he is the manager of a large part of ARES FC's prospects). but he needs to get a better wrestling and grappling development team into his team or in case he does this common in Australia or the Pacific region (from training Striking in Tiger Muay Thai and doing wrestling/grappling in another gym) he has to learn to separate the mentality of coaching from that of management: He treated Ngannou as a traitor for leaving his gym and emigrating to the USA. Imavov and Gane (especially Gane) can reach greater heights in their fight game, but in my opinion they are stuck in the MMA Factory.
 Gane with his yesterday's statements surely knows it, but he does not want to distance himself or divide camps out of gratitude to Lopez, but also not to receive that label of traitor. In my opinion Imavov and Ciryl are in a position similar to the one Shahbazyan had with Tarverdyan where you don't want to leave a coach despite feeling stuck because this person usually uses those methods that if you leave your town or don't train with yours , you are turning your back on your nationality/culture or team. 

In his last fight, big changes were noticed in Edmen, he went from going out to kill in round 1 to being very intelligent in choosing his strikes and even never neglecting his footwork despite having Dalcha hurt in the second round before the stoppage win. It will be interesting to see him fight a grappling-based fighter like Anthony Hernandez in his next fight.

"Moicano Wants Money!"

Amettxpc
Amettxpc

03.05.2023 | 11:37 PM ET

DamienHandel420

DDP vs. Costa would be a good matchup to watch and an opportunity for the UFC to try a Fight Night in Africa (in South Africa) and not launch without measuring consequences for PPV or Big Event in Africa taking into account that the fighters that could be the main event ( Adesanya or Usman) have had fights with great finishes, but also less entertaining fights. EFC is the main promotion with talent from South Africa and all of Sub-Saharan Africa, they should do something similar to what they did with the UFC Paris card. 

But I don't think Costa will accept the fight, he's just trying to make as much money out of the octagon using the closure that he still has a fight in the UFC (like in that Halloween special episode where Homer Simpson gets the devil's donut and he keeps a single piece to have the upper hand regarding the deal signed by his soul). Costa is creating all the noise possible without fighting with the secret juice, Chimaev Beef, Twitter content and in general anything that can create internet hype but without going up to the octagon or signing contracts. I honestly think that Costa maybe trying to land some big contract either as a celebrity boxer, PFL or maybe taking advantage of all the time that UFC matchmakers and executives give him before they really bother with him (look at the cases of when the UFC released Yair for not signing to fight Zabit, Diaz last fight saga, etc). 

Costa feels that he has the upper hand selling smoke and mirrors on social media, but as long as he is Dana White's employee it is very difficult to win-win deals unless you generate what you expect to see in your Checks. Against Adesanya (his poor performance , because the PPV did sell it well), Vettori and Rockhold: Paulo Costa hasn't generated the ''it'' to the fans or WME executives that will win him contracts of 350K or more for only just for showing up on fight night (350K payment win or loss).

"Moicano Wants Money!"

Sabbath
Sabbath

03.06.2023 | 12:37 AM ET

Axafin

Funny, I’ve actually been doing the same thing. I usually rewatch certain fights from last card in hopes of getting inspired with something new. For example, I think Ciao Borralho is pretty dull to watch fight, but he’s undeniably a top fifteen contender and very technically gifted. I’ve taken a handful of his sweeps from bottom and applied it to my Jiujitsu game and they work wonders. I have an analysis video down here if you’re interested.

Sabbath
Sabbath

03.06.2023 | 3:24 AM ET

General UFC Fighter Ranking System from 1 to 10

10 - GOAT Status. Establishes accolades and feats of ability that will probably be beaten in the future, but not for a long, long time. (Ex. Jon Jones, GSP, Anderson Silva, Fedor Emelinenko, Demetrious Johnson, Jose Aldo, Dominick Cruz)

9 - Champion Status. Fighters that are either already deserving of their title or should have gotten a shot by now. (Ex. Khabib Nurmagomedov, Alexander Volkanovski, Stipe Miocic, Khamzat Chimaev)

8 - Gatekeeper Status. One or two good adjustments from winning a title, but are currently stuck fighting 6 and 7 ranks. (Ex. Chris Curtis, Belal Muhammad, Cory Sandhagen, Arnold Allen)

7 - Exceptional Status. Very good, potentially high level, however chances of getting a title in their current state are slim to none. (Ex. Caio Borralho, Gregory Rodrigues, Jonathan Martinez, Carlston Harris, Phil Hawes, Sodiq Yusuff)

6 - Prospect Status. Genuinely good fighter with lots of promise, but far from high level. (Ex. Josh Culibao, Charles Jourdain, Charles Johnson, Ange Loosa, Davey Grant, Miguel Baeza, Randy Brown)

5 - Journeyman Status. Has endured the highs and lows of the sport. Ranking can vary in quality depending on the level of competition they’ve gone up against. (Ex. Jorge Masvidal, Denis Siver, Jake Matthews, Bobby Green, Ed Herman)

4 - Regional Status. Does well in the regional scene but is unlikely to be considered anything more than a middling journeyman or a can for better fighters to crush. (Ex. Erick Gonzalez, Mike Breeden, Sean Soriano)

3 - Green Status. Tends to make obvious mistakes but has found a niche that suits their arsenal. (Ex. Sasha Palatnikov, Michael Gillmore, Chase Sherman)

2 - Amateur status. Prone to obvious mistakes and has yet to find a style that suits them comfortably and efficiently. (Ex. Fabio Cherant, Jared Vanderra)

1 - A mystery how they even got there in the first place. Genuinely awful. (Ex. Mike Jackson, Marcos Mariano)

0 - The worst. Couldn’t beat up a styrofoam mannequin with limbs made of sugar glass. Soft like baby ****. (Ex. Valentina Shevchenko)

* Edited at 03.06.2023, 3:35 AM ET *

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420

03.06.2023 | 4:36 AM ET

Sabbith

Upvote for ****ting on Valentina, she my least favourite fighter in the UFC

So happy she got choke out 

"Quack quack quack"

Noxx
Noxx
  • Predictions:  1,030  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,321
  • Post Score: 158

03.06.2023 | 7:06 AM ET

Just wanted to let you guys know that these two finally got together 

"Learning is a gift, even when pain is your teacher"

Sabbath
Sabbath

03.06.2023 | 10:41 AM ET

DamienHandel420

I love hearing about all this talk about how she’s “the GOAT of women’s MMA” even though she’s been the only legitimate champion up until now in her own division. It’s like the only employee of a K-Mart giving themselves employee of the month 

Page 717

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 4: Make your predictions for heavyweights and women's flyweights in Connecticut
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC Louisville
  • MMA Junkie : Punahele Soriano contemplated retirement prior to UFC on ESPN 57 win: 'I felt so much pressure'
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White hopes Tony Ferguson retires after UFC on ABC 7 regardless of result
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Anderson Silva open workout ahead of Chael Sonnen boxing match
  • MMA Mania : Cig Smoking UFC Fighter Wins $50k Bonus
  • MMA Mania : Cig Smoking Fighter Finds Out He Won $50k Bonus
  • MMA Junkie : Brunno Ferreira calls for Bo Nickal after spinning-elbow KO at UFC on ESPN 57
  • MMAFighting.com : Saul Milton of Chase & Status talks MMA fandom, Tyson Fury walking out to ‘Baddadan’ for Francis Ngannou fight
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 57 post-event facts: Punahele Soriano sets multiple new all-time UFC records
  • MMA Junkie : Sergio Pettis reflects on Rizin 47 loss to Kyoji Horiguchi: 'It's an eye-opener'
  • MMA Mania : Aspinall Copying Edwards’ Plan For Late UFC 304 Start Time
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Jared Cannonier after UFC on ESPN 57 loss?
  • MMA Junkie : Photos: Best of UFC's Raul Rosas Jr.
  • MMAFighting.com : Calvin Kattar vs. Kyle Nelson on tap for Sept. 7 UFC event
  • MMA Junkie : Raul Rosas Jr. says Ricky Turcios claimed illness, staph infection after submission loss at UFC on ESPN 57
  • MMAFighting.com : Bruno Silva appeal denied, result in Chris Weidman fight remains technical decision loss
  • Middle Easy : RIZIN 47 results: Kyoji Horiguchi Decisions Sergio Pettis To Avenge His 2021 Loss, Kleber Koike Erbst Submits Juan Archuleta
  • MMAFighting.com : Beverly Hills police issue statement regarding Ryan Garcia arrest for felony vandalism
  • MMA Mania : ‘I’m Proud Of Him, But I’m Gonna Get Him’