Topic: UFC on ESPN 3

UFC on ESPN 3: N'Gannou vs. Dos Santos

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,860
  • Post Score: 46

12.31.2018 | 12:02 AM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC on ESPN 3
  • Saturday 06.29.2019 at 06:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN
  • Name: UFC on ESPN 3: N'Gannou vs. Dos Santos
  • Also Known As: UFC Fight Night Minneapolis
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: WME-IMG
  • Venue: Target Center
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Paul Felder, Michael Bisping
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Jon Anik
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $952,204
  • Attendance: 10,123
  • TV Ratings: 1.09M avg. viewers (1.25M peak, 553k ESPN prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Francis NGannou   defeats   Junior dos Santos   via KO/TKO, Hooks   1:11 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
Joseph Benavidez   defeats   Jussier Formiga   via KO/TKO, Punches   4:47 Round 2 of 3, 9:47 Total Bout Page
Demian Maia   defeats   Anthony Rocco Martin   via Decision, Majority   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Vinc Pichel   defeats   Roosevelt Roberts   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Drew Dober   defeats   Polo Reyes   via KO/TKO, Left Cross   1:07 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Alonzo Menifield   defeats   Paul Craig   via KO/TKO, Punches   3:19 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Ricardo Ramos   defeats   Journey Newson   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Eryk Anders   defeats   Vinicius Moreira   via KO/TKO, Punches   1:18 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jared Gordon   defeats   Dan Moret   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Dalcha Lungiambula   defeats   Dequan Townsend   via KO/TKO, Left Cross to Ground and Pound   0:42 Round 3 of 3, 10:42 Total Bout Page
Amanda Ribas   defeats   Emily Whitmire   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:10 Round 2 of 3, 7:10 Total Bout Page
Maurice Greene   defeats   Júnior Albini   via KO/TKO, Punches   3:38 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 2

BradThom717
BradThom717
  • Predictions:  9,528  |  68.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,387
  • Post Score: 271

06.26.2019 | 6:30 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 5 Perfect, 665 Points   |   Tied for 424th

dos Santos vs. N'Gannou
Francis N'Gannou, TKO, R1
I'm actually a little surprised this fight isn't closer to 50/50. But I also understand why ¾ of the peeps got Ngannou by KO.

Maia vs. Martin
Anthony Rocco Martin, DEC
HUGE STEP-UP for Tony Martin in this one. But I think it's one of the better top 15 matchups he coulda gotten matched up. I think Martin's wrestling and BJJ keeps him safe for the most part, and just out-points Maia from the outside on way to a Decision.

Pichel vs. Roberts
Roosevelt Roberts, DEC
Look, I like Vinc Pichel. He's like your fighter's, fighter. Took that looong layoff and came back in the best form of his career. But this is your classic older guy vs. younger kid, kinda fight..... Which "usually" favors the young kid. Like here. But Vinc Pichel is as tough as microwaved calamari. Veryyy tough to finish. Kinda chewy tooo.

Dober vs. Reyes
Drew Dober, DEC
I wanna see Drew Doober roll up Polo Reyés, annnd smoke em! Reeaaally push to finish ...

"**** Fentanyl & **** Opiates too..."

phillip53
phillip53
  • Predictions:  46,283  |  68.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,399
  • Post Score: 304

06.26.2019 | 7:00 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 630 Points   |   Tied for 647th

NGANNOU vs DOS SANTOS

ngannou by ko 1st or 2nd round

i thought the line would be closer, but truthfully  i think its about right. i dont see jds getting past the 2nd round.

FORMIGA vs BENAVIDEZ

benavidez by decision or late stoppage.

should be a good fight.

MAIA vs MARTIN

maia by sub round 1 or 2

i think martin is way over matched if he tries to go to the mat with maia.
2019.06.26 10:56 AM ET

bout announced

Dalcha Lungiambula vs. Dequan Townsend at 205 lbs (93.0 kg)
Caleb Dowling
Caleb Dowling
  • Predictions:  34  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 500

06.26.2019 | 3:15 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 1583rd

dos Santos vs. N'Gannou
Francis N'Gannou, TKO, R1
Wakanda forever.

BradThom717
BradThom717

06.26.2019 | 5:11 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Craig vs. Menifield
Alonzo Menifield, TKO, R1
I hate when they do this. Put two guys together, that you wouldn't pick in any other matchup. Menifield just gasses hard if he can't finish you in 1. And Bear Jew... 1st off, WHAT IN THE ****ITY **** IS A BEAR JEW!? A Jewish Bear??? That doesn't sound derogatory at all.. Anyways. Menifield HAS TO knockout Craig in 5 mins, otherwise he'll gas hard as **** and be submitted. Pick your poison I guess.

Moreira vs. Anders
Eryk Anders, TKO, R1
Vinícius Moreíra was most likely brought in to get Anders a win, so Uncle Dana doesn't hafta cut him off. Eryk "Noooo ******* Fight IQ" Anders has potential to be goood. Maybe a better camp or something. We know how strong, athletic, and explosive he is... He just needs to learn more techniques or something. He's by far, one of the guys that gets me screaming at the ****** TV, throbbing veins popping outta my forehead and steam blowing out my ears. He makes me that madd. BUT, if he can't murder Moreíra, maybe he needs to go back to the LFA for a little. And maybe hit up American Top Team or something.

Gordon vs. Moret
Jared Gordon, DEC
Like Matt Brown before him and a few others, Jared Gordon is a fighter. Yeeaaaa nooo ****, he's gotta UFC fight booked. That's not what I'm saying. Anyone that can kick a heroin/opiate addiction is a fighter. Strong Mind and Will. And will fight and stop at nothing to obtain their goal. I think that goes pretty much hand in hand with combat sports of any kind. You know he's got what it takes to dig deep for a win. That's my kinda guy.

Lungiambula vs. Townsend
Dalcha Lungiambula, TKO, R1
These Africans are taking over..... MMA and Boxing. That's really how I feel. But it's a goood thing if you think about it. Just shows how popular MMA and/or Combat Sports has grown in other parts of the world. Which is very important to the growth of the sport...... Atleast you'd think.

Greene vs. Albini
Maurice Greene, TKO, R2
Júnior Albini is a hot, steamy, pile of dog ****. And someone should ban him from wearing his shorts like a reusable diaper. And Mo Greene isn't that special either. Dude forreal needs to stop cutting down his reach advantage. It's like he doesn't understand how to use his outstanding 82' reach. He crowds on the inside, just cutting away any advantage his great frame gives him. Drives me nuts.

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

06.26.2019 | 5:36 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 580 Points   |   Tied for 1021st

with you @Brad

I got Rocco via Colby-esc performance vs Maia. 

Martin is bigger, meaner, tougher and in his prime. Revitalized career. Plus, the woman Rocco rolls around with at night is big enough & has the grappling skills of Maia, if not better. 

* Edited at 06.26.2019, 5:38 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 4 months, 20 hours, and 30 minutes from now.
MarioSuperSmash
MarioSuperSmash
  • Predictions:  2,277  |  65.2%
  • Forum Posts:  333
  • Post Score: 38

06.26.2019 | 6:51 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 690 Points   |   Tied for 276th

@MassaBruce ha what? LOL martin is an ex 155er maia use to fight at 185

"Eat Sleep Gamble on fights 👊🏿👊🏿👊🏿"

Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,200  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,264
  • Post Score: 189

06.26.2019 | 6:59 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 680 Points   |   Tied for 309th

Maia seems the safest pick on this card, Ribas is the money making pick I guess!

"Never go down without a fight"

BradThom717
BradThom717

06.26.2019 | 6:59 PM ET

I'm not expecting Martin to thrash Maia like Colby or Kamaru did, But kinda taking the same approach. It is a dangerous fight, but ppl are really sleeping on Tony's wrestling. And he's aware ENOUGH in the BJJ game, to know what's going on. Isn't his chick Kayla Harrison, Brucey???? But either way, I reeaaally think he's got this one, as long as he stays smart and uses his strengths, he'll be ok. Yesss Maia is dangerous, but he has to either take Tony down or backpack him....... And I honestly see Noooo way that happens. Martins wrestling is legit

BradThom717
BradThom717

06.26.2019 | 7:05 PM ET

Yesss but Martin was a HUGE Lightweight. You act like Tony gonna fight at 155 and Maia at 185. I see no real size advantage for Maia

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

06.26.2019 | 9:33 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 580 Points   |   Tied for 1021st

we'll see at weigh-ins my friends...
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 4 months, 20 hours, and 30 minutes from now.
phillip53
phillip53

06.26.2019 | 9:54 PM ET

PICHEL vs ROBERTS

roberts by decision or late stoppage.

i see way more potential in roberts than i do in pichel. should be a good fight but i'll take roberts for the late finish.

DOBER vs REYES

dober by ko round 1 or 2

this could be a war for as long as it lasts, both men like to stand and bang. i give dober a considerable advantage in power and a better chin. plus hes fought way tougher competition.

MENIFIELD vs CRAIG

craig by sub round 2 or 3

neither of these guys ever makes it into the top 15 imo. they are just card filler. i think craigs standup is good enough to get him past the first round and then he'll get a sub. craig has fought the better competition.
Zulizani
Zulizani
  • Predictions:  3,193  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  685
  • Post Score: 226

06.27.2019 | 12:39 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 655 Points   |   Tied for 505th

So many underdogs.... Which one will win?

"You're all my children, I'll discipline you how I feel" Massabruce

phillip53
phillip53

06.27.2019 | 12:40 AM ET

ANDERS vs MOREIRA

anders by ko round 1 or 2

if anders loses here hes done imo. i dont know if there is really any way to teach fight IQ, but if there is eryk needs to sign up asap.

GREENE vs ALBINI

greene by decision

i have been completely disappointed by albini, i think the ufc wants to show him the door. another loss and hes out. greene is 4 inches taller and has a 10 inch reach advantage. if he cant win a decision here he needs to be gone also. this is another who gives a **** fight. zero confidence in the pick
KO2019
KO2019
  • Predictions:  3,517  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  370
  • Post Score: 198

06.27.2019 | 3:45 AM ET

Predictions: 10 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 690 Points   |   Tied for 276th

Ngannou vs JDS
Ngannou, KO, R1
Predator will get this one by KO early

Lungiambula vs Townsend
Lungiambula, TKO, R1

Whitmire vs. Ribas
Ribas, DEC
I’ll take the fresh one

"They're All On Steroids Bro!"

BradThom717
BradThom717

06.27.2019 | 5:53 AM ET

@Phillip I'm with you 1,000,000% on the Albini vs. Greene fight

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

06.27.2019 | 7:53 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 525 Points   |   Tied for 1324th

I am jacks complete lack of ambition.
Fillupontacos95
Fillupontacos95
  • Predictions:  174  |  54.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 0

06.27.2019 | 11:20 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 1548th

dos Santos vs. N'Gannou
Junior dos Santos, TKO, R2
The first round will be a good feeling out process, if JDS doesnt get it hit with a bad KO early. Going into the second I see JDS coming out quick and pressuring Francis with his boxing and ending it with a classic TKO

Formiga vs. Benavidez II
Jussier Formiga, DEC
Jussier striking has gotten better, and his ground game/submission game could cause problems for Benavidez. I see it being a grinding fight and Jussier coming onto with the Decision

lldowntoearthll
lldowntoearthll
  • Predictions:  4,002  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,381
  • Post Score: 40

06.27.2019 | 7:50 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 1408th

dos Santos vs. N'Gannou
Junior dos Santos, TKO, R3
i feel like junior has been underrated for a while now, even by myself, and that his glass chin is more of a myth than a fact. he's a better boxer than francis and he should be able to dance around until he gets tired from eating jabs.

Formiga vs. Benavidez II
Joseph Benavidez, DEC
i think joe knows this is his last real shot to make something happen and that he'll play it safe in order to keep the dream alive.

Maia vs. Martin
Demian Maia, DEC
i was about to say martin can choose where the fight takes place, but now i'm not sure he has the wrestling to do so.

Pichel vs. Roberts
Roosevelt Roberts, DEC
pichel is a tough dude, but roberts looks like a prospect they wanna push so i'll assume this is a good matchup for him.

Dober vs. Reyes
Polo Reyes, TKO, R2
this one could be exciting as both guys usually come to throw hard. guess i'll go with polo just to take an underdog and make things interesting. his boxing is pretty good so i don't feel too awful on the pick.

Craig vs. Menifield
Alonzo Menifield, TKO, R2
been fun watching craig pull off last second subs, but there's only so many times that will happen.

Ramos vs. Newson
Ricardo Ramos, DEC
no idea what to make of newson, but ramos is a pretty well rounded prospect with seemingly a bright future.

Moreira vs. Anders
Eryk Anders, DEC
thinking anders should have an advantage standing and should be smart enough to not engage on the ground without doing damage first.

Griffin vs. Murdock
Jordan Griffin, SUB, R2
just goin with the consensus here, not familiar enough with either guy to have a real reason for the pick.

Gordon vs. Moret
Jared Gordon, DEC
gordon should pose more of a problem in his fights than his results show.

Lungiambula vs. Townsend
Dalcha Lungiambula, TKO, R2
no good reason, just feeling like they want dalcha to win and promote him alongside the other african stars.

Whitmire vs. Ribas
Emily Whitmire, DEC
i'd pick a lot of girls over whitmire and i'm tempted to take ribas, but the layoff combined with poor level of competition has me going with the favorite.

Greene vs. Albini
Maurice Greene, DEC
mo is just more dynamic i think.

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

06.28.2019 | 12:31 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 1408th

@Brad the 'Bear Jew' is from the Tarantino film Inglorious basterds'. He's basically a maniac who likes to execute Nazis by smashing their brains out with a baseball bat, played by Eli Roth, who is probably a real Jew. Well, if he isn't his parents did a damn good Job of making people think he is, anyway.

Great movie; ultraviolent like all good tarantinos and definitively worth watching if you haven't. Way better than Django unchained...that was ****e apart from Leonardo who played the masochistic racist redneck royalty excellently.

* Edited at 06.28.2019, 12:33 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 9 months, 3 weeks, 3 days, 7 hours, and 15 minutes from now.
SmokedTabasco
SmokedTabasco
  • Predictions:  2,434  |  60.9%
  • Forum Posts:  62
  • Post Score: 73

06.28.2019 | 2:35 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 630 Points   |   Tied for 632nd

Dober vs. Reyes
Drew Dober, TKO, R2
Don’t let the loss to Beniel fool you, Dober is a boss

Craig vs. Menifield
Alonzo Menifield, TKO, R2
Not this time bearjew, surely ...

Ramos vs. Newson
Ricardo Ramos, DEC
Not sold on Ramos but I’ll take him

Moreira vs. Anders
Eryk Anders, DEC
Set up fight for Anders

Gordon vs. Moret
Jared Gordon, DEC
Set up fight for Gordon because he has a cool story

Lungiambula vs. Townsend
Dequan Townsend, DEC
Already picked one African, cant make it two

Whitmire vs. Ribas
Emily Whitmire, DEC
Nobody cares, I’ll take the favourite and bet the over and probably read a book for 15 minutes

Greene vs. Albini
Maurice Greene, DEC
Gimme the taller guy

"Tail my bets and retire young"

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : ‘We’re more than ready’: Liam Paro confident he’ll be prepared to beat Subriel Matias
  • MMA Junkie : Marlon Vera plans to 'pull all the demons' vs. Deiveson Figueiredo at UFC on ABC 7
  • MMA Junkie : Is Conor McGregor still fighting Michael Chandler at UFC 303? Here's what we know
  • MMA Junkie : Alex Pereira unsure how Israel Adesanya does vs. Dricus Du Plessis: 'After we fought, he changed a little bit'
  • Middle Easy : Dominick Reyes Insists Jon Jones Lost To Him And ‘Bones’ Will Remember It ‘Forever’
  • MMA Mania : Holm-Schooled Rousey Taught Lesson In Concussions
  • MMA Junkie : Aljamain Sterling reflects on negotiations for Sean O'Malley fight: 'You almost tie my hands behind my back'
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Sound & Pound — Who Will Be Asakura’s UFC Debut?
  • MMAFighting.com : Aljamain Sterling felt like he was ‘just there to be a participant’ after being coerced into Sean O’Malley fight
  • MMA Junkie : Invicta FC announces new broadcast partner, 2024 events schedule
  • Middle Easy : Ali Abdelaziz Says Amanda Nunes Retired Because Of Her ‘Biggest Nightmare’ Kayla Harrison
  • Bad Left Hook : “Big Gug” Hovhannisyan leads July 26 Most Valuable Prospects show in Miami
  • MMA Junkie : Dominick Cruz calls for Henry Cejudo rematch at Sphere: 'He could get a better version of me'
  • MMA Mania : Invicta Scores TV Deal, Returns On June 28
  • MMAFighting.com : Invicta FC announces new broadcast partner, rest of 2024 schedule
  • Middle Easy : Alex Pereira Shares Epic Response To Jamahal Hill’s Comment About His UFC 300 Celebration
  • MMA Mania : Latest UFC Abu Dhabi Fight Card, ABC Lineup
  • MMA Junkie : Video: NCAA wrestling champ Austin O'Connor bashes opponent's head into canvas, wins debut
  • MMAFighting.com : Georges St-Pierre declares Islam Makhachev ‘best pound-for-pound’ fighter in the world
  • Middle Easy : Islam Makhachev Says Arman Tsarukyan ‘Talks A Lot’, Reveals Timeline For Next Fight And Truth About Staph Infection