Topic: Junior dos Santos

Junior Dos Santos states he can knock out Wladimir Klitschko

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

11.01.2012 | 1:15 AM ET

"Wladimir, the Klitschkos, they're amazing. I like to watch them fight, especially Wladimir, but it's kind of boring. They are really good at what they do, but they are very careful. They don't go to the fight to finish the fight. They stay there in that safe strategy all the time. It's not the Mike Tyson time. Guys don't finish fights." - Junior Dos Santos

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/8570518/junior-dos-santos-says-knock-wladimir-klitschko

in a story by ESPN, the UFC Heavyweight Champion Says he can knock out the Boxing Heavyweight Champion.

What do you guys think? Do you agree, or is JDS overstepping it?

Another question who do you think in that anyone UFC, could beat boxing champions of today?

* Edited at 11.01.2012, 1:18 AM ET *

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

Junior "Cigano" dos Santos

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Junior dos Santos Almeida
  • Pro MMA Record: 21-10-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: Cigano
  • Current Streak: 5 Losses
  • Last Fight: May 20, 2022 in EFC
  • Weight Class: Heavyweight | Last Weigh-In: 246.5 lbs
  • Affiliation: American Top Team
  • Height: 6'4" (193cm) | Reach: 77.0" (196cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $2,460,000 USD
  • Born: Caçador, Santa Catarina, Brazil
  • Fighting out of: Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses Page 2

mike187
mike187
  • Predictions:  5,660  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,260
  • Post Score: 239

11.01.2012 | 6:56 PM ET

Remember when James Toney fought Randy Couture? I think JDS would be the James Toney in that match with Klitschko, he'd kick his ass in real life but not in a boxing contest.

"He told me he was going to **** me, but was disappointed in himself when he could not get hard."

trevpicks
trevpicks
  • Predictions:  85,624  |  56.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,853
  • Post Score: 222

11.01.2012 | 6:59 PM ET

Randy couture does not punch like Klitschko nor does toney.
mike187
mike187
  • Predictions:  5,660  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,260
  • Post Score: 239

11.01.2012 | 7:06 PM ET

Ya and I'm pretty sure Klitschko wouldn't go for the take down and sub JDS either. I'm saying JDS would be way out of his leauge in a boxing ring Klitschko.

"He told me he was going to **** me, but was disappointed in himself when he could not get hard."

Yaspaa
Yaspaa
  • Predictions:  173  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,422
  • Post Score: 151

11.01.2012 | 7:07 PM ET

The guy is just uber-confident and is displaying it.

"I Get Better."

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

11.01.2012 | 7:08 PM ET

Uh, James Toney hit waaaaay harder than Klitschko in his prime.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 4 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 3 hours, and 10 minutes from now.
Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

11.01.2012 | 7:09 PM ET

Overwhelmed would be an understatement, the boxing game in MMA is so ******* weak (it's been changed to adapt to the game). Amateur boxers at the Olympics would wreck a lot of UFC guys in a boxing-only match.

Say whatever you want, it's true. Anyone who thinks JDS could beat a Klitschko is a delusional biased idiot who shouldn't be allowed to discuss any sport ever again.

"الله أكبرl"

Gebe
Gebe
  • Predictions:  2,174  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,292
  • Post Score: 198

11.01.2012 | 7:10 PM ET

I'm actually upvoting all of Anik's posts in a thread. This is new

"Fighter by day, Lover by night"

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

11.01.2012 | 7:13 PM ET

MMA guys train a bunch of different things. Boxers train, well, boxing. A guy who trains extensively in one, will whip the other guy who trains many things. I think this argument of having a MMA fighter box a pro boxer is about as ridiculous as the P4P debate.

With that being said, Junior is a great boxer, but he is not going to have much of a chance if he fights someone like Klitschko.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

11.01.2012 | 7:43 PM ET

@Gebe That probably just means you're becoming smarter. Good for you.

"الله أكبرl"

Mybbygotsauz
Mybbygotsauz
  • Predictions:  1,612  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  745
  • Post Score: 131

11.01.2012 | 7:49 PM ET

None of us know how good JDS boxing game is, due to him fighting MMA and MMA boxing is much different due to the threat of a takedown, so who knows, if JDS was in a ring that had no threat at all to a takedown his real boxing may shine. Im not saying he would beat Wlad, but im also not saying that he wouldnt, im saying idk who would win but i dont think we can really right him off by judging his boxing inside an ocatgon when you cant accurately compare until both are put in the same situation. 
All ik is that i would without a doubt root for JDS to knock Wlad out :D

"knocked out three midgets and ya pumped up"

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

11.01.2012 | 7:52 PM ET

The obvious answer is JDS loses a boxing match and the Klitschkos would lose in an MMA fight.We will never know unless it happens.IMO JDS would get worked in a boxing match.

* Edited at 11.01.2012, 7:52 PM ET *

AllHailKrull
AllHailKrull
  • Predictions:  1,522  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,672
  • Post Score: 180

11.01.2012 | 8:15 PM ET

"Uh, James Toney hit waaaaay harder than Klitschko in his prime"

Ummm NO. Toney is a natural MW and has never been known to be a big puncher, he's a straight up boxer.

"Sefo is a kickboxer. JDS is a boxer."

Yet Sefo still has better hands then JDS...

* Edited at 11.01.2012, 8:16 PM ET *

"People say ‘oh, so you should retire.’ Yeah, you want me to retire so you won’t get knocked out. - Vitor Belfort"

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

11.01.2012 | 8:16 PM ET

The biggest thing that matters is range and footwork. The amount that goes into boxing truly is a science that takes much time to acquire in the sport of boxing. The reason that JDS would not be able to handle the likes of a Klitschko is do to the fact that he only works to the range and footwork of MMA. JDS has accomplished the boxing aspect in MMA and that is about it. But given time and true dedication to an art form such as boxing, improvements can be made, but do to the fact that he participates in MMA boxing, the phrase "Old Habits Die Hard" comes into play. It would be a challenge in order for Dos Santos to master Boxing, were Wlad and Vitali spent their whole 45+ fight careers to perfect.

Vitali perfected his use of range, and he has yet to be proven otherwise.

Wladimir is all around a more technical fighter, and has been caught earlier in his career. and from there that is about it, he has done nothing but gotten better. He has good footwork and has a great definition of range.

It would be a good fight, for the short amount of time that it happens, after that the veteranship of Klitschko would find his range and easily control the fight. Decision maybe, but a knockout I see that having a less of a chance of happening do to the fact that I have not yet to see someone that has fought JDS with better stand up that actually gave him a run for Junior's money.

Wlad vs JDS: a lopsided win for Wlad, maybe a late stoppage.

Vitali vs JDS: A stoppage in rounds 8-10 do to the fact that Vitali has much more strength along with range than his brother.

* Edited at 11.01.2012, 8:26 PM ET *

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Mak Reacts To White’s P4P Demotion
  • MMAFighting.com : Sean Strickland vows to wait ‘as long as it takes’ for title shot after UFC 302, slams inactive fighters
  • MMA Junkie : If Dustin Poirier doesn't retire, ex-champ Alexander Volkanovski wants 'a little dance' after UFC 302
  • MMAFighting.com : Alexander Volkanovski calls for ‘massive fight’ with Dustin Poirier after UFC 302
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland plans to wait for UFC title shot: 'I f*cking paid my f*cking dues'
  • Middle Easy : Alexander Volkanovski Calls Out Dustin Poirier For A ‘Massive’ Fight While Waiting For Featherweight Title Shot
  • MMA Mania : Hot Mic: Khabib Tells Trump ‘Stop The War’
  • Middle Easy : Dustin Poirier Thinks He Injured His ACL Mid-Fight At UFC 302, Discusses Future And How ‘Good’ Islam Makhachev Was
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303 main card lineup official for Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler
  • MMA Junkie : 5 biggest takeaways from UFC 302: Is Dana White right to reject Islam Makhachev as No. 1 pound-for-pound?
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Watch Islam Makhachev, Dustin Poirier's backstage conversation after UFC 302
  • MMAFighting.com : Islam Makhachev shrugs off UFC 302 title defense record: ‘If you want a great legacy, you have to get second belt’
  • Middle Easy : Dana White Says Dustin Poirier ‘Can Stay’ In The UFC ‘As Long As He Wants To’, Blasts Judge For ‘Insane’ Scorecard In Sean Strickland Vs. Paulo Costa
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White: After UFC 302, Dustin Poirier can stay as long as he wants
  • MMA Mania : UFC 302, The Morning After: The Gloves Still SUCK!
  • MMAFighting.com : Khabib Nurmagomedov: Islam Makhachev ‘grew a lot’ in UFC 302 win over Dustin Poirier
  • Middle Easy : Dana White Refuses To Hail Islam Makhachev No. 1 P4P Over Jon Jones; Islam, ‘Bones’ Respond
  • MMA Junkie : No surprise: Jon Jones stands by Dana White's claim he's MMA's all-time P4P great
  • MMAFighting.com : Dana White rips judge scoring fight for Paulo Costa at UFC 302: ‘It was f*cking nuts’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev prefers UFC welterweight title shot over Arman Tsarukyan: 'It does not make sense when you have rematch'